Schoolboy wear girls uniform

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Schoolboy wear girls uniform

Post by Barleymower »

greenboots wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:45 pm I see nothing in here that suggests transgender identity. He is clearly behaving as a “typical” boy in other respects and switches between trousers and dresses at will. Of course him mum calls them girls clothes , because that is how they are marketed.

How can we claim that we should be able to wear what we want without being labelled if we immediately label this boy, who we do not know personally?
I could not have said it better GB.
My son is a big skirt fan, just like me. I dont know if he's doing it to please his Dad or wether he is genuine. Time will tell.
I do know he is happy being a boy. He was examining his legs today saying he's getting hairy legs he wants to know if he will get hair on his lip now..I said he will have to wait for that :)
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

Theo has successfully adopted the standard "girls'" kit for his school.
He's shown wearing black brogue oxford shoes that are probably part
of the standard "boys'" kit. I wonder if Theo has given strap shoes a try,
as those are most likely to be the standard choice for girls in his school.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

I read some of the comments, they were not good, almost all the writers of these comments were against the boy and some went as far as to say this was parental abuse. There is still a long way to go unfortunately.

John
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

As to the comments - my guess is it was linked to by some ultra-conservative site and it's been brigaded by some of those people. Since the comments originate on a US-based MSN site that just scrapes other articles, I'm guessing they will go into the dustbin of history, to be forgotten in a year or less.

As to the motivations - I think it's really too hard to tell, since influencing, TikTok, etc... drives a lot of behavior and news stories today, I think the only thing one can do is take the article at face value, not read into it too deeply. I only urge this because there could be a lot of factors not explained or explained to the reader. I read news articles superficially nowadays because they are utter rubbish all around, I'm sorry to say. I know some journalists would take offense at me saying this, and it is unfair to paint a broad brushstroke, but time and time again, I find facts are wrong/misrepresented, and I'm tired of being lied to.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well, good for Theo. Clearly he’s a happy kid because he gets to wear what HE wants to wear.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

OK not as cute or in school uniform but it's pretty much a female outfit, note the pinafore in particular.

Steve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:57 am OK not as cute or in school uniform but it's pretty much a female outfit, note the pinafore in particular.

Steve.
That outfit Slays Stevie. Even better with the big smile it is giving you.
To details: really cosy looking cardigan and nicely layered with the white trainers.
I can't see the detal of the dress but it hangs well and the blue is lovely.
Finished off with a hat and smile well done.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:13 pm That outfit Slays Stevie. Even better with the big smile it is giving you.
Yup, it should be fun and thanks BM.
One thing though, in the interests of clarity, I don't consider any outfit to be male or female, just mine.
I'd hate for anyone to jump to the wrong conclusion you understand!
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Not quite sure what you are referring to Steve. It's definitely a dress, a cardi and a necklace. Who's to say it's a female outfit? The beard is a dead giveaway.
Yep it's a man wearing whatever he wants. Go Stevie, go Theo.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Being of a tender young age, I would simply assume (if I assume anything) that this just a small child experimenting with life. To assume a trans thing is jumping to conclusions.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I recall some years ago my wife and I taking my older sister to our local pub where she happened to see an old schoolfriend from decades ago and they struck up a conversation. They reminisced about their school days while I chatted to my wife, but I overheard the friend talking about how schoolgirls "look a state" these days with false lashes and really short skirts, or overweight girls wearing "unflattering" leggings. She mentioned the "pretty" yellow and white cotton sundresses they all wore with white ankle socks and sandals from May onwards as the summer uniform option. She said that they attracted looks from the boys and she came out with something like: "I'm sure some of the lads were envious, especially when it was really hot and they had to wear grey woollen trousers" and laughed. I am sure that was a joke, but I recall thinking that maybe some of these "lads" really were envious and would have rather liked the summer option that the girls enjoyed while they baked in their heavy trousers.
skirted84
Distinguished Member

Post by skirted84 »

Grok wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:30 pm Being of a tender young age, I would simply assume (if I assume anything) that this just a small child experimenting with life. To assume a trans thing is jumping to conclusions.
This, exactly.