posting issue

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

posting issue

Post by Brad »

I just attempted to post using Chrome and the submit button didnt work. I had to use Firefox. Is there an issue with posting on Chrome?
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Re: posting issue

Post by Modoc »

I post only with chrome and as of yet had no problems other than my own ineptness.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I use both and have had no problem with either one! :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Skirt18220

Post by Skirt18220 »

It's pictures I have trouble with can't seem to make them small enough. Wanted to post some pictures of me out and about in my skirts. debating just posting my Instagram account. post them there without needing to shrink them.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Skirt18220 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:06 pmIt's pictures I have trouble with can't seem to make them small enough.
I use publisher and a 4" X 6" or 5" X 8" picture size.
Also save them as a JPG file. Never had a problem.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The "problem" with posting images has been beaten to death already in the Pics and Looks section. Learn how to calculate in pixels and do not let the largest side occupy more than 800.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Skirt18220 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:06 pm It's pictures I have trouble with can't seem to make them small enough. Wanted to post some pictures of me out and about in my skirts. debating just posting my Instagram account. post them there without needing to shrink them.
I use paint.net which allows you to set the compression ratio when you save as. It displays the size as you move the slider, so you can check it will be small enough to post here. You can also reduce the image size. I tend to have my pics around 1400 x 800. Another option is to use an online image compression site. There are plenty out there. I tend to use those if I am posting from Android as the image editors I have on my tablet aren't very good at that side of things.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:19 pm The "problem" with posting images has been beaten to death already in the Pics and Looks section. Learn how to calculate in pixels and do not let the largest side occupy more than 800.
Thanks Carl I had not realised that was the issue. I've been using snipping tool in Windows to take a screen shot and post that.