Interesting article for those with significant others

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting article for those with significant others

Post by Barleymower »

Hi Ffa, it's an arguement that i have seen many times which doesn't ring true. That is, men do not wear clothes assigned to women because that would be humiliating for a man. Why because society see women as inferior.
This does not wash. Women do not see themselves as inferior. If they associated women's clothes with inferiority as a humiliation then they would refuse to do it. No there must be another reason.
Last edited by Barleymower on Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:17 pmIf [women] associated women's clothes with inferiority as a humiliation then they would refuse to do it.
The trend towards "unisex" (which is code for "butching up" women) has been around since the 1960s, and really took hold in the late 1980s, and by the time that the early '90s rolled around most things that were traditionally feminine had been largely consigned to the scrap heap of history. I watched this happen, and I watched a once-beautiful woman I dated a long time ago become an ersatz man whom I eventually had to let go of because I was insufficiently homosexual to be attracted to her any longer.

Sure, once in a while some random "modern woman" will trot out something feminine, but the odds are very strong that she's in "hunting mode" and the fashions/styles she uses in that mode will go the way of the dodo once she's scored "her man" (or at least the latest one). Rinse, lather, repeat.

Clothes, to women, are tools to an end. If there's no need to deploy the tool it'll stay securely in the tool-box (which will be jealously guarded).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Or wears the expected formal wear to a formal occasion/special event. But how frequent are those?
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:44 am
Barleymower wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:17 pmIf [women] associated women's clothes with inferiority as a humiliation then they would refuse to do it.
The trend towards "unisex" (which is code for "butching up" women) has been around since the 1960s, and really took hold in the late 1980s, and by the time that the early '90s rolled around most things that were traditionally feminine had been largely consigned to the scrap heap of history. I watched this happen, and I watched a once-beautiful woman I dated a long time ago become an ersatz man whom I eventually had to let go of because I was insufficiently homosexual to be attracted to her any longer.

Sure, once in a while some random "modern woman" will trot out something feminine, but the odds are very strong that she's in "hunting mode" and the fashions/styles she uses in that mode will go the way of the dodo once she's scored "her man" (or at least the latest one). Rinse, lather, repeat.

Clothes, to women, are tools to an end. If there's no need to deploy the tool it'll stay securely in the tool-box (which will be jealously guarded).
I agree with you in part Carl but I don't see them as calculating as you suggest. I see women in much the same view as I do men. Two sides of the same coin. If I see bad behaviour from women then I/we can behave equally badly.
I had a discussion with Mrs BM and she said that men discarded women's clothing to women and now they want them back, this makes women angry. I said it's similar to the Karen arguement. Mrs BM said that if she were to complain she would quickly be labelled as a Karen. She's not a Karen and does not appreciate be labelled as one. I said it the same for men. Men in 2023 are being punished for the actions of men 100 years ago.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

How is being feminine inferior to being masculine? If you could have only one gender it would have to be female. Biologically it might be.possible to have offspring without males. However the offspring would be identical to the mother with the genetic makeup.
Males exist so.that there can be variations of genetic makeup to help preserve the species.and.to ensure variety.
In my own experience with wearing dresses, and for church, with heels and makeup, I have.gotten virtually no pushback. After all, it's pretty difficult for people to call a person with.a deep bass voice a sissy. I can do Rach challenge.with no problem, going down to Bb1 below the bass staff.