Pull your socks up!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Pull your socks up!

Post by denimini »

It is winter and I am still wearing mini skirts for all occasions. Most days my bare legs survive OK but on paricularly cold days I wear very long socks, that most people mistake as leggings. I have only worn them locally in public because if I do a lot of walking they eventually drop down below the hem of my skirt emulating a Japanese school girl style which I can not carry off these days, if ever.
Well I discovered these ............ well I don't know what to call them or even if my fellow Mods will allow me to.
https://au.shein.com/2pcs-Women-Minimal ... mallCode=1
Well, I purchased some and attached one to the front of each sock and as my socks are so long, I attached the top clip to a pinched piece of my shirt just below the waist of the skirt. Seemed to work well, in fact so well I wore these on a shopping trip to Broken Hill yesterday, with lots of walking, filling shopping trolleys and loading timber. I was wearing a 12" mini skirt so whenever I got out of the car I discretely hoisted the back of my socks to ensure they were above the hem of the skirt. I am sure there would have been a glimpse of bare leg at times, putting things in the back of the ute with shady characters sitting in cars parked behind me.
All in all I think they are a success, the clip mechanism is very good and never gave way to dangle down below my skirt.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pull your socks up!

Post by STEVIE »

If it hadn't been you Denimini, I'd have been checking the calendar, definitely July, not April?
How about Soxenders?
Steve.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Those look something similar to what I used with thigh-high compression hose.
They were worn on the out-side of the leg, facing away from the body.
They worked for a short while but, bumping the clamps would open them.
I ended up using compression P-hose. Those STAYED UP :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
joking1966

Post by joking1966 »

Or you could just use a garter belt (suspenders in the UK if I remember my terminology correctly). We use a garter belt for men to hold up hockey (ice hockey) socks all the time.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/elit ... 32492.html
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

joking1966 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:34 pm Or you could just use a garter belt (suspenders in the UK if I remember my terminology correctly). We use a garter belt for men to hold up hockey (ice hockey) socks all the time.
Yes, I tried something like that but my socks are so long, if fact they go to the "junction" of my legs, that the waist band would have to be around my chest to create any support. They would be OK for shorter socks but they would expose some bare leg below the hem of a mini skirt, which looks cute for young persons but I have no delusions that would apply to me.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

joking1966 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:34 pm Or you could just use a garter belt (suspenders in the UK if I remember my terminology correctly).
I've been looking for one of these, but it's hard to find something that isn't deliberately girly in style.
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:29 pm
joking1966 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:34 pm Or you could just use a garter belt (suspenders in the UK if I remember my terminology correctly).
I've been looking for one of these, but it's hard to find something that isn't deliberately girly in style.
I used to have that same concern but in reality no one but the wearer knows whats underneath you clothes,unless of course someone is there when you dress. There are some garter belts for sale that are pretty frilless. Check out some picks in Tights What Tights thread.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

A pic of the outfit I wore to Broken Hill complete with long socks and suspenders (hidden). I wore the same tonight going out for dinner.
Yes I know; with socks on socks there is probably some fashion rule I am breaking but I am breaking fashion rules anyway.
drab with grey socks_P7295904crs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

They must be very long socks.
joking1966

Post by joking1966 »

denimini wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:24 am
joking1966 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:34 pm Or you could just use a garter belt (suspenders in the UK if I remember my terminology correctly). We use a garter belt for men to hold up hockey (ice hockey) socks all the time.
Yes, I tried something like that but my socks are so long, if fact they go to the "junction" of my legs, that the waist band would have to be around my chest to create any support. They would be OK for shorter socks but they would expose some bare leg below the hem of a mini skirt, which looks cute for young persons but I have no delusions that would apply to me.
The straps are actually fairly short. Ice Hockey socks are very long and can be as high as the "junction" of your legs.