MensHealth: Megan Fox Responds to Claims That She 'Forces' Her Sons to Wear Dresses

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

MensHealth: Megan Fox Responds to Claims That She 'Forces' Her Sons to Wear Dresses

Post by Coder »

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainmen ... tin-green/
Megan Fox has responded to former US Congress candidate Robby Starbuck after he posted a photo of her children to Twitter, criticizing her for letting her sons wear dresses. Fox dismissed Starbuck as a "clout chaser" in an Instagram post, and condemned his attempt to score political points at her child's expense.

"Irregardless of how desperate you may become at any given time to acquire wealth, power, success, or fame - never use children as leverage or social currency. Especially under malevolent and erroneous pretense," Fox wrote. "Exploiting my child’s gender identity to gain attention in your political campaign has put you on the wrong side of the universe."

She went on to say that she has already been "burned at the stake" by men who are "insecure," "narcissistic," and "impotent," concluding her message by telling Starbuck: "You ******* with the wrong witch."
Well said, I think. I'm not up on celebrity news, so am not aware of the intricate details - but it's a shame more of us don't have someone like this fighting for us. Instead, some of our family members see us as an embarrassment, defective.

Not trying to get anyone down - she and people like her have celebrity status and so throw around a bit of clout - but when it comes right down to it, we can make our own clout - just need to know we can.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Re: MensHealth: Megan Fox Responds to Claims That She 'Forces' Her Sons to Wear Dresses

Post by phathack »

People are criticizing her because all 3 of her boys wear girls' clothing.

The oldest one suposidley identifies as a girl and wears dresses to school.

This is one of the photos that's triggering people.

STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: MensHealth: Megan Fox Responds to Claims That She 'Forces' Her Sons to Wear Dresses

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:42 am Well said, I think. I'm not up on celebrity news, so am not aware of the intricate details - but it's a shame more of us don't have someone like this fighting for us. Instead, some of our family members see us as an embarrassment, defective.
Not trying to get anyone down - she and people like her have celebrity status and so throw around a bit of clout - but when it comes right down to it, we can make our own clout - just need to know we can.
Well Said to be sure.
Well known that I have little faith in the cult of celebrity but this is different.
In this case she is not banging her drum for herself but as a mother defending the rights of her kids and to raise them according to their needs and not the outdated views of certain segments of society.
I am sure that I do make my own clout but my Gods I would love to have a kinswoman like her covering my back.
Ain't gonna happen.
Steve.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

The father of the kids states his point of view=
Fox's ex-husband, actor Brian Austin Green, is the father of Noah, Bodhi, and Journey, and
he told TMZ that Starbuck's assertion that Fox "forces" the children to wear dresses is false.
"There are only a few people in their world that can actually verify [whether] or not a story
like this is true and I can tell you with absolute certainty it is not," he said. "This person trying
to claim this is true is a perfect example of someone with selfish motives that does not care
about negatively affecting a parent child relationship."
He, the dad, has no problem with what his kids are wearing.
Why should the rest of us :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I’m gonna guess this Robbie Starbuck is a Republican since his party has been on an absolute jihad against all things LGBTQ of late. Well, screw him, he has no business criticizing another person’s parenting.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

She is obviously forcing the kids to wear dresses, because as we all know, boys have an instinctive aversion to wearing one pipe. :mrgreen:
dressedbrewer

Post by dressedbrewer »

We have little enough to be worrying about if that is high on the list of priorities for potential congress people. I could understand a comment about a parent forcing their kids to come along while they scored drugs, or to attend NRA rallies, or taking them to Glastonbury and camping overnight, but wearing clothes, ffs.
TSH
Distinguished Member

Post by TSH »

Guess I shouldn't be surprised about reactionaries getting pissing about this, but it still boggles my mind that people hastily just jump to conclusions when the only people who can actually substantiate such a stupid claim are the ones who are actively involved in the situation to begin with. It's the same s***, every time. One parent (usually a mother) allows their son(s) to wear a dress/skirt (or any other "girly" thing), then a bunch drooling jackasses scream: "CHILD ABUSE!!!" A bunch of random dumbasses on the Internet that have no idea what's going on, making baseless assumptions about something they don't understand, and is NONE OF THEIR F***IN' BUSINESS. Fox's ex-boyfriend had the perfect response to these assholes. Only a few people CAN actually certify these inane and absurd claims, and debunk them for the BS that they are. Anyone who thinks Fox is forcing their sons into this because they all "coincidentally" dress like girls is a f***ing moron who don't actually give a damn about any of these children, or kids in general. They just don't like seeing people not conforming to the social standard, and respond without considering that maybe SOME boys would like to dress that way, because, y'know, NOT ALL CHILDREN ARE THE SAME.
Grok wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:53 am She is obviously forcing the kids to wear dresses, because as we all know, boys have an instinctive aversion to wearing one pipe. :mrgreen:
I actually saw some brainlet on another article post a comment that little boys wouldn't wear "girl" clothes or makeup — as if children aren't naturally curious little critters that'd like to try something they haven't before. This false line of reasoning is why so many of these dim-witted f***heads are making these dumb accusations in the first place, like that Republican prick Starbuck. "It's unthinkable for boys to wear skirts and dresses, so any parent that has their sons wearing them are obviously forcing their own ideologies on them!" I'm convinced that it takes more work to NOT hate people than the opposite. Goddamn. People are stupid as f***. F*** the human race. Maybe I SHOULD live as a hermit — FAR away from the rapidly-increasing idiocy of society.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

TSH wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:56 am Guess I shouldn't be surprised about reactionaries getting pissing about this, but it still boggles my mind that people hastily just jump to conclusions when the only people who can actually substantiate such a stupid claim are the ones who are actively involved in the situation to begin with. It's the same s***, every time. One parent (usually a mother) allows their son(s) to wear a dress/skirt (or any other "girly" thing), then a bunch drooling jackasses scream: "CHILD ABUSE!!!" A bunch of random dumbasses on the Internet that have no idea what's going on, making baseless assumptions about something they don't understand, and is NONE OF THEIR F***IN' BUSINESS. Fox's ex-boyfriend had the perfect response to these assholes. Only a few people CAN actually certify these inane and absurd claims, and debunk them for the BS that they are. Anyone who thinks Fox is forcing their sons into this because they all "coincidentally" dress like girls is a f***ing moron who don't actually give a damn about any of these children, or kids in general. They just don't like seeing people not conforming to the social standard, and respond without considering that maybe SOME boys would like to dress that way, because, y'know, NOT ALL CHILDREN ARE THE SAME.
Grok wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:53 am She is obviously forcing the kids to wear dresses, because as we all know, boys have an instinctive aversion to wearing one pipe. :mrgreen:
I actually saw some brainlet on another article post a comment that little boys wouldn't wear "girl" clothes or makeup — as if children aren't naturally curious little critters that'd like to try something they haven't before. This false line of reasoning is why so many of these dim-witted f***heads are making these dumb accusations in the first place, like that Republican prick Starbuck. "It's unthinkable for boys to wear skirts and dresses, so any parent that has their sons wearing them are obviously forcing their own ideologies on them!" I'm convinced that it takes more work to NOT hate people than the opposite. Goddamn. People are stupid as f***. F*** the human race. Maybe I SHOULD live as a hermit — FAR away from the rapidly-increasing idiocy of society.
TSH,

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself. When are people going to realize that they need to mind their own business? (rhetorical question)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Society: "Be yourself!"

Society: "Not like that..."
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:45 am Society: "Be yourself!"

This should be on a t-shirt
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:26 am He, the dad, has no problem with what his kids are wearing.
Why should the rest of us
Lets take that one step further.
The kids don't have a problem with what they are wearing.
Anyone who does can go to Hell.
Steve
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Coder wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:20 pm
moonshadow wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:45 am Society: "Be yourself!"

This should be on a t-shirt
Ask and ye shall receive.

Anyone can print anything on a t-shirt these days, so I'm not surprised.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

rode_kater wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:14 pm Ask and ye shall receive.

Anyone can print anything on a t-shirt these days, so I'm not surprised.
Ha! I should have googled for it first. It's tempting, but I like moon's shorter version.