Rainy Weather

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Rainy Weather

Post by Uncle Al »

With all the rain I've been getting the past 4-5 days,
I thought I'ld share a Natural Beauty :D
Double Rainbow 2023-06-14.jpg
This was shot on my Samsung S-8 phone, from my driveway,
looking over my neighbors house.

Look to the right of the bright rainbow and you'll
see the second, faint rainbow.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Rainy Weather

Post by GerdG »

Uncle Al wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:55 am

Look to the right of the bright rainbow and you'll
see the second, faint rainbow.

Uncle Al
Great. We haven't got one drop of rain for 23 days by now.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, the forecast for next week calls for nice weather today and tomorrow.... and that's it.

Rain every day next week from Monday all the way until I return home Sunday.

Granted only about 2/3s of the days will be washout (steady rain all day), the remaining days will be scattered showers and storms.

Oh well.... I packed a rain coat and plenty of Macabi skirts .. looks like I'll be hiking and kayaking in the rain! 8)

I don't care, I don't melt. I'm not complaining, it wouldn't do any good, but we are in borderline drought conditions here so we certainly need it. Besides, I play rain or shine. It's not my ideal forecast but it is what it is.

It will make camp fires tricky. However on each day the forecast states that the showers will become more scattered after dusk, so as long as I keep the wood dry, we might be able to enjoy a fire after dark.

One nice thing about rain is it's so peaceful. All of the humans stay indoors and play on their electronics rather than going outside screaming and playing with their noisemakers.

Yeah, I like rain... :wink:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
bikesaurus

Post by bikesaurus »

Enjoy your trip Moon. May your firewood remain dry.

We've had one of the rainiest years I ever remember here in Colorado. It's good for us. Any time it rains, the standard response to inquiries about the weather is "we need the moisture." Maybe this means no major wildfires this year in this state🤞
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Moon - I hope you have a wonderful time :D

From one extreme to another :arrow:
(Headed eastward..)

From last Sunday through Wednesday, we've had severe thunder storms, heavy rain
and high winds daily from 3PM ( +/- ) until 9PM-ish. Some minor flooding occured.
Now, we've been under a heat warning, with ambient temp's hovering in the mid 90's F
along with the previous humidity, the Heat Index rose to 110-115*F. Thus I've stayed
indoors, only going out to get the mail. Haven't mowed the yard in 2 weeks.

I do hope Mother Nature gets her act together, a few days of decent temps(low to
mid 80's ), along with no rain, would be very nice :D

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:31 pm
It will make camp fires tricky. However on each day the forecast states that the showers will become more scattered after dusk, so as long as I keep the wood dry, we might be able to enjoy a fire after dark.

One nice thing about rain is it's so peaceful. All of the humans stay indoors and play on their electronics rather than going outside screaming and playing with their noisemakers.

Enjoy the week, may your firewood stay dry and I fully understand the last paragraph. Have fun. :)
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:31 pm

There’s something to camping in the rain. Especially if you have a good tent and it’s gonna be dry for a day before you need to decamp. The sound of rain on a tent is a favorite of mine
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

We are longing for rain here in north-central Illinois. We are on the border between moderate drought and severe drought on the last map issued.
https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentM ... or.aspx?IL
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I know I'm going to get picked on a lot at work and by other friends and family regarding the fact that that weather has been down right soggy almost every single day of my vacation, I admit it is a bit of a slap in the face when the sun returns on the day I return home, afterwards I have to leave town for 5 days on business, then on the weekend I'm on call.

I don't need to look at the forecast to know the weather will be beautiful.

But I told my wife today, I think mother nature makes it rain whenever I'm off because she knows I fill still enjoy myself and find beauty in an otherwise dismal day.

I would have rather had nice weather, but as I sat at the doorway of the camper this morning, watching the steady rain fall on the mountain lake, I couldn't help but stand in awe.

I'll share a photo when I have a chance to download them, I think you all will agree.

It can't be all sunshine and flowers every day, and there is indeed solace and beauty in all of nature's aspects.

The joke is on my coworkers, while their vacations are filled with scorching heat, screaming kids, sunburns, bugs and mosquitos, I found myself sitting with my wife and Rufus, half the campground empty, listening to rain patter on the roof, and watching geese fly back and forth on the reservoir.

Sunshine can be overrated.

This week, the weather has been beautiful!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:02 pmI would have rather had nice weather, but as I sat at the doorway of the camper this morning, watching the steady rain fall on the mountain lake, I couldn't help but stand in awe.
That sounds rather idyllic. Well played.

I like sitting on the side of a hill watching thunderstorms track through the valley below. Fun stuff. Except for when the sky turns green. That's a very powerful signal to head for cover!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!