The Voice of Fashion: Why Men Don’t Take So Easily to Skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Voice of Fashion: Why Men Don’t Take So Easily to Skirts

Post by Elisabetta »

Over the years I've had many people tell me I should leave Moon because of what he wears, how he believes and etc. I told them all including a Pastor I'm not leaving him so they better get used to it because I am not going to change him nor would I want to. Nothing he does is hurting anyone. I've had guys disrespect our marriage because they feel he's not the man for me again I will always choose Moon. It's not about your clothes oh no anyone can wear skirts it's about your character and how you stay true to yourself.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Elisabetta wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:22 am Nothing he does is hurting anyone. I've had guys disrespect our marriage because they feel he's not the man for me again I will always choose Moon. It's not about your clothes oh no anyone can wear skirts it's about your character and how you stay true to yourself.
It is your choice and we should all respect that. You would no doubt know him better than any one else. So good to see.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Elisabetta wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:22 am Over the years I've had many people tell me I should leave Moon because of what he wears, how he believes and etc. I told them all including a Pastor I'm not leaving him so they better get used to it because I am not going to change him nor would I want to. Nothing he does is hurting anyone. I've had guys disrespect our marriage because they feel he's not the man for me again I will always choose Moon. It's not about your clothes oh no anyone can wear skirts it's about your character and how you stay true to yourself.
Yeah that is how it should be.
Sadly, the vast majority of women do not feel quite the same way.
Anyone in Moon's situation or who has experienced the same thing is a very lucky person indeed!
This is not a reflection on women, it is a comment on the whole of society.
I really do not care what anyone else thinks but the overall attitude to fashion freedom for men is not wholly positive.
Maybe when men do not have to be "brave" to wear skirts then things will actually be different.
Steve.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:12 am I really do not care what anyone else thinks but the overall attitude to fashion freedom for men is not wholly positive.
Maybe when men do not have to be "brave" to wear skirts then things will actually be different.
Steve.
It is incredibly liberating not to worry about what other people think.
Perhaps if more men became brave. like women were years ago when they started wearing pants, then things will actually be different.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Elisabetta wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:22 am Over the years I've had many people tell me I should leave Moon because of what he wears, how he believes and etc. I told them all including a Pastor I'm not leaving him so they better get used to it because I am not going to change him nor would I want to. Nothing he does is hurting anyone. I've had guys disrespect our marriage because they feel he's not the man for me again I will always choose Moon. It's not about your clothes oh no anyone can wear skirts it's about your character and how you stay true to yourself.
Isn’t it amazing that people try to stir up trouble where none exists and in areas that ain’t their business?
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

…and that is why (a) you’re amazing and (b) Moon is very, very lucky.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Agreed :!:
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

ScotL wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:01 am
Isn’t it amazing that people try to stir up trouble where none exists and in areas that ain’t their business?
Many have for years and I let them know I'm not going anywhere and he isn't either. We've walked away from family and friendships.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Ray wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:21 pm
…and that is why (a) you’re amazing and (b) Moon is very, very lucky.
Thanks dear friend.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Plan B

Post by Grok »

Awhile back, a member commented that men will have to become accustomed to skirted rigs at home before they wear them in public. This may be achievable even if we are headed into a time of repression. Options:

Sleep. Night shirt.

Bath. Bath robes, of course. I recall a skirt like wrap from either Etsy or eBay.

Lounge. Caftans. Robes.

Regarding bath...before it wore out I wore a Yakuta during the summer, a light weight version of a kimono. Recently, I started to slip on a Running Kilt.

Regarding lounge wear, I have in mind something like a monk's habit.

I regard these options as useful, but not very interesting. Obviously, a man might wear a bathrobe at home, but always wear trousers when out and about.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Plan B

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Grok wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:52 pm Regarding lounge wear, I have in mind something like a monk's habit.
I lounge around in a long skirt with an elastic waist.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Moon is the bomb! I have learned a lot here reading Moon's words of wisdom about being true to yourself. As I was told by two psychologists 20 years ago, there is nothing wrong with me for liking and wearing feminine clothing, it is society that has the problem with its bigoted attitudes. I have 1000x more respect for a person that stays true to themself rather than a person that follows the herd mindset to maintain conformity.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

Actually the reason that society has a problem with meant wearing skirts is because skirts are considered to be a feminine garment. Society does not consider women equal to men even though they pay lip service to the concept. Unfortunately men are still considered to be superior. Therefore, boys are taught by their fathers at a very early age that anything feminine is inferior and to never associated yourself with anything feminine. They are told that it is an insult to be called a "girl". Until this tribal generational pass-down wisdom is eliminated from our culture, men that wear feminine items will always be looked-down upon. This in a nutshell is the reason that men do not take to skirts. I am sure that many men would like to try a skirt, but would not be able to take the harassment and grief that comes with wearing a skirt. One really sad fact is that some women have bought-in to the concept that feminine is inferior by teasing or making fun of men that wear skirts.

It is.a sad state of affairs that is not going to change anytime soon. Read the following post that illustrated how the attitudes of mothers and fathers differ regarding their son doing something that is considered feminine. Men (fathers) are the problem with their [rad-fem hate-speech redacted].

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/ ... il_polish/
Uncle Al

Re: Plan B

Post by Uncle Al »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:22 pmI lounge around in a long skirt with an elastic waist.
I Have done something similar - taken an ankle length, light weight skirt, similar to a 'circle skirt', with elastic in the waist,
pulled the waist up to my arm pits(covering the breast/chest area), with house-slippers on my feet, and worn that for most
of a day.

Currently being under a heat-advisory(*), this is the coolest, most comfortable items to wear.
I stay home unless I have to pick-up groceries, then I let the store shop and bring the items to my car.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

(*) Heat Advisory - current temp is mid 90's F making the T.H.I.(Temperature Heat Index) soar upwards of 110-120*F :doh:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)