denim skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Re: denim skirts

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I wore my denim kilt to church twice today, and received interested compliments both times.

(Unfortunately, I don't think the suppliers - Union Kilts - are still in business...)

As a wink to our sports enthusiast, I wore it with football socks in the light blue colours of Manchester City (or as I teasingly referred to it, Abu Dhabi City FC).
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: denim skirts

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Bertino56 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:20 am I see shortalls mentioned here. Not skirts, but I like them.
I have bought three denim shortalls in the past year: one from Forever 21,
one from Old Navy, one direct from Levi Strauss. All new, not used.
I was just giving a partial Cross section on what I wear

I wear denim skirts, jeans, shortalls, and shorts.

They are all brands I really like. Specifically the pockets and the quality of the items.
I have a lot of skirts where I only have one, so I can't speak of a commonality. If I'm at a resale shop those brands are always ones I am looking for.

In short shortalls rock.

If I ranked clothing on what I like, comfort.
Shortalls are a close second to skirts.

Ranked
Skirts,
Shortalls
Shorts
Skorts
Bib overalls
Sweat pants
Jeans and trousers

My wife is hung up on me wearing skirts. But tolerates the shortalls, shorts, and jeans.

SO most most of the spring summer fall you will find me in shortalls. And in the winter oftentimes in bib cover alls.

I recommend anyone trying Short alls or cover alls to buy a size or two larger than your normal size

Example I'm generally a size 20 in skirts and jeans.
My shortalls are all 22s or 24s. I prefer them loose, it sorta feels like wearing a denim dress. ( I have one of those too)

Wear what Is comfortable to you.

At this moment I'm in blue jeans.

This morning I started the day in black twill shorts at church.
I had packed a pair of denim shortalls, and a pair of jeans.
As I knew we had a few after church out door work projects.
The morning was beautiful, by afternoon it was raining and temps were dropping. I opted for the jeans because of the. Chill in the air.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.