Dress for men

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Dress for men

Post by Freedomforall »

Just found this site. I think it originates from Hungary. They market several male dresses.

http://romani.hu/en/shop/womenswear/men ... uha-ferfi/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Dress for men

Post by Big and Bashful »

Don't know the currency but they are very big numbers! Nothing really appeals to my but good to see something marketed at men, young men, well, young attractive men I suppose.

Now a line of unbifurcated clothing aimed at the older, taller, fatter, glummer monster, that I want to see!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

One of many handy but underrated features in Google is currency conversions. Type as your query
### (currency name) IN (currency name)
e.g., 38400 HUF in USD

The response:
36,400 Hungarian Forint equals
125.24 United States Dollar

also 111.67 Euros
Ralph!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Ralph wrote:One of many handy but underrated features in Google is currency conversions. Type as your query
### (currency name) IN (currency name)
e.g., 38400 HUF in USD

The response:
36,400 Hungarian Forint equals
125.24 United States Dollar

also 111.67 Euros
Do they charge the missing 2,000 HUF for the service?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

pelmut wrote:Do they charge the missing 2,000 HUF for the service?
LOL! Apparently I manually typed in the first part. On the website, the correct amount is 36400 so that's what I pasted into Google, but I typed in 38400 rather than just paste in the same thing I put in Google. I'm just going to stop using my computer now before I hurt myself.
Ralph!
Jerevo

Post by Jerevo »

All the more remarkable for its appearance in a wannabe 'christian' dictatorship (the wannabe dictator actually calls it an 'illiberális demokrácia') where gender studies has been banned...

J
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I presume that "unisex" refers to the style of the garment. The upper part resembles a T-shirt, but without the sleeves. I believe that one concept that has been mentioned is a garment that resembles a rather long T-shirt, which I think would work for both genders.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Jerevo wrote:All the more remarkable for its appearance in a wannabe 'christian' dictatorship (the wannabe dictator actually calls it an 'illiberális demokrácia') where gender studies has been banned...

J
Not really...

Gender studies these days seems more interested in pushing transgenderism, which really encourages distinct male and female attire and roles in society. Why do hormones and surgery and argue about pronouns if you can just wear and do what you want as the man (or woman) you are to begin with?

Making the "box" of what is acceptable for each sex larger and larger means that transgenderism makes less and less sense. That is also why the old-school feminists and the gender activists fight each other so much. Those feminists devoted their lives to making the female box as big as possible. Now the gender activists are arguing for smaller boxes and a way to jump between them.

I don't follow Hungarian politics, but what I have heard seems to be simply the Hungarians pushing back against foreign influences. They want to run their country themselves, instead of letting others determine their fate. I can appreciate that.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I like the dress

Not so much the price
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Manskirt, mandress or whatever, change the label and add a premium to the price.
That is every retailers dream scenario. increased profit at minimal effort.
Save your cash by taking a short step to the other side of the aisle, simple.
I am seeing dresses being marketed in the UK at around £!5 and I could barely get a male shirt at that price.
They may not be haute couture but can serve perfectly well at that,
Steve.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

There is a not to neglict psycological difference as well. The more you pay, the more the item is worth to you - and surroundings.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

By the way, I still have to see a dress, in which more than just one or two men might look acceptable.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Big and Bashful wrote:Or this? both from Eshakti.

https://img1.eshakti.com/clothImages/CL ... jpg?w=1480
Yes, this one looks fine. I don't know why a man would want the restricted stride that the first one would seem to result in.