(Good) Comments are king.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: (Good) Comments are king.

Post by moonshadow »

Gusto10 wrote:Hence I propose to return to the original issue of the good comments on our skirt wearing.
Yeah you're right.

Here ya go...a parting gift. :lol: :alien:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

I don't get many comments or feedback often and I suspect most of us don't either in regards to how we're dressed. I had a brief chat with a woman in the lift at the hotel I was at last week while working away for the week at Toowoomba, approximately 2 hours drive from Brisbane.

As it was, I'd finished and got back to the hotel, put my work clothes etc in the wash so I had clean stuff for the next couple of days. After a shower, and before I went down for a couple of beers with the other guys from work, I had to shoot down and get my other shoes out of the car, as I only had my boots with me at the time.
So, wearing a black and dark brown sarong and a black T shirt, threw my boots on (didn't tie the laces and I didn't have any other footwear) walked out, took the lift down to the basement carpark, and grabbed my shoes from the car and walked back to the lift to go to my floor. At the same time another man and woman obviously also working in the city took the same lift up. The woman asked me if I had gone for a run, I simply said no, I had just gone down to get my lighter shoes that I left in the car. She says OK, and said that I rocked the look especially with the boots, then we stopped at their floor and they got out.

As we're well into winter (especially at Toowoomba) the concrete floor was colder than I wanted to walk on bare foot...

Never got to talk any more about it, and never saw them again.
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

Thanks 6ft3 Aussie. Your story reminds me of the time I had been at work in skirt and sandals on a hot day in Perth. I worked on the 6th floor and took the lift back to the car park in the basement. On the 5th floor we picked up some workers from another company. One of the ladies looked at me and said "at least someone is dressed suitably for the weather."
Shalom
Steven
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I wasn't sure if this could be considered good comment or otherwise.
It was a cold night and I went out to dinner dressed in mini skirt, long grey socks and grey mohair jumper.
The skirt was the one in this pic: http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/downloa ... &mode=view
When I was leaving the host said "You look like a knight of the round table in that mini skirt and tights".
I responded "Oh, they are long socks"
"How long!" (not sure if it was an exclamation or question)
"Errr, very long" and then I unnecessarily added "Tights are a probelm if I want a pee" which ended the converation with a "good night"
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Tonight; same attire, another dinner.
I walked through the door and a lady exclaimed.
"Wow, look at that! ........... oops sorry, I was talking about that tray of spanakopita you are carrying."

Oh well, not a good comment about the skirt. I wondered if I would have got the "oops sorry ..." bit if I was wearing pants.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia