The fecal matter contacts the ventilation device

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

The fecal matter contacts the ventilation device

Post by dillon »

As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The fecal matter contacts the ventilation device

Post by moonshadow »

Goodness gracious! Man there's a lot of sh.... going on!

I'm going back under my rock!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

1) Does it matter and will it make a difference?
2) Will anything meaningful come of it?

I rather suspect that the answer to both of those will be a resounding, "No."

First off, Barr works directly for, and at the convenience of, the President. Bluntly put, "He's on the payroll and is paid to look out for his boss." Secondly, it's of precisely no account to the oligarchs who don't particularly care so long as things stay on the rails they laid down economically. These are not the Nixon days when high crimes and misdemeanours could bring down a sitting president.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, I agree with you whatever it is all about and it doesn't matter a sh*t to us over here either! :D

Incidentally there were some interesting things in some of the subsidiary "articles" further down the screen. I didn't know that I, as an over 60, can get a discount at Burger King, for example. Useful.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

My first and next visit to a Burger King outlet will be in the afterlife. That also applies to ALL other fast food joints.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

crfriend wrote:1) Does it matter and will it make a difference?
2) Will anything meaningful come of it?

I rather suspect that the answer to both of those will be a resounding, "No."

First off, Barr works directly for, and at the convenience of, the President. Bluntly put, "He's on the payroll and is paid to look out for his boss." Secondly, it's of precisely no account to the oligarchs who don't particularly care so long as things stay on the rails they laid down economically. These are not the Nixon days when high crimes and misdemeanours could bring down a sitting president.
That’s not actually the job of the AG. The White House has its own lawyers to advise and defend Presidential actions. Criminal defense of the President is a no-no for any attorney paid by taxes. The AG is supposed to enforce the laws of the Republic, which come from Congress. In Watergate, John Mitchell went to prison for this sort of obstruction. Barr is on the same path. If Barr hasn’t violated his oath of office, he’s perilously close to doing so.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/3331

The White House strategy was to use Barr’s foot-dragging on redacting the Special Counsel’s report in order to give the President’s minions and lackeys three weeks to create confusion in the minds of his supporters, although it likely didn’t require that long. Mueller, as Barr conceded in his summary letter, did not bring charges of Conspiracy, a serious felony, against the President or his campaign organization. The President’s strategy has been to conflate the legal term “Conspiracy” with the non-legal term “Collusion.” Even the President’s lawyer, Giuliani, had stated the fact that there is no Federal crime called “Collusion.” That may have been Rudy’s single moment of lucidity in his service to Donald Trump, and I suspect the GOP strategists regret that statement, because it contradicts the President’s claim the Mueller report cleared him of “Collusion.” It did not. Mueller found only that there was insufficient evidence of the crime of Conspiracy. Collusion is in the eye of the beholder. I don’t think any reasonable person can look at the number of high individuals in the Trump orbit with ties and crimes linked to Russia and possibly conclude “Nothing there.”
Last edited by dillon on Wed May 01, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:That’s not actually the job of the AG. The White House has its own lawyers to advise and defend Presidential actions. Criminal defense of the President is a no-no for any attorney paid by taxes. The AG is supposed to enforce the laws of the Republic, which come from Congress. In Watergate, John Mitchell went to prison for this sort of obstruction. Barr is on the same path.
The comparison cannot be made because the modern United States is no longer a Republic, and hasn't been for decades. The "rule of law" does not apply at that level any longer. The incident you mention was precisely the last time we witnessed the system working the way it was intended to. I watched it, too, and am appalled by the shenanigans I see today.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!