Is this just a southern mannerism?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Is this just a southern mannerism?

Post by weeladdie18 »

It is perhaps unfortunate that some members of the Café feel they have a right to be deliberately offensive to other Members....

Perhaps this is why the Class System still Exists in English Society.................Weeladdie
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

In the Breakfast programme on BBC this morning there was a guy talking about male nutrition and that some foods are considered more female in the sense that females are more likely to eat it and becomes more associated with females. Thus men eat more meat and women more likely to eat salads and pasta. He said that this dichotomy shopuld be abolished and men eat more fibre and oily fish and fresh vegetables, more associated with women. Not sure I believed him but, not being one to lose an opportunity to get a dig in with MOH, I said, "Clothes are like that too. Considered female or male when everyone should wear them." Silence, was the reply.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I think food and clothes should be for everyone. I wear skirts and dresses and eat salads, oily fish, pasta and all sorts of foods that may or may not be associated with the female of the species.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I am trying to improve my diet so I can slip into some of my skirts,.....some folks ....both Male and female....
survive on what I would consider to be a poor diet....It also depends upon how active one is during a day......

Perhaps the answer is to be active for twelve hours a day and not spend too spend too much time listening to the Radio......
When the Olympic hopefuls were training for the 2012 Sailing Olympics ;.. their programme was a 12 hour day,....Sailing ,Running and Cycling....

Could be worthy of consideration if one is likely to be chased by SWMBO who is wielding her Rolling Pin for 12 hours per day.....LOL
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Has anyone one seen the nutrition bars marketed specifically for women? This absolutely drives me insane. It's food people, seriously. I am pretty sure if I eat the bar designed for women, that my breast will not start growing. I even saw a women's cereal. How far can this go?
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Freedomforall wrote:Has anyone one seen the nutrition bars marketed specifically for women? This absolutely drives me insane. It's food people, seriously. I am pretty sure if I eat the bar designed for women, that my breast will not start growing. I even saw a women's cereal. How far can this go?
The ingredients would probably not make a man of you.....The lassies are lead to believe the food is nutritious for the female.....L.O.L.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:....and women more likely to eat salads and pasta.
Great... and here one of my favorite dishes is a salad and lasagna... Just another reason for people to label me transgender, and look at me as though I'm going to molest their six year old daughter in the restroom.... :roll: :eye:
Freedomforall wrote:Has anyone one seen the nutrition bars marketed specifically for women? This absolutely drives me insane. It's food people, seriously. I am pretty sure if I eat the bar designed for women, that my breast will not start growing. I even saw a women's cereal. How far can this go?
Anything with weight watching in mind is generally marketed towards women. Pretty much the entire yogurt section and the fat free stuff.

They do it with men too, I mean.. how many times have you seen a picture of a woman grilling burgers on a bag of charcoal?

It's like if you cook it over an open flame... that's the man's domain, but if you boil it in a pot, that's women's work... it's crazy!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

It will go until the market decides it has had enough. Then something else will take over so they can make more money telling women that their product is the only thing they need for a healthy life. The problem is a large section of the population will believe it.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I had a partner that lived for 25 year in Uruguay, close to Argentina. No female eating habits at all. She could eat a steak quite rare that would shame a lumber jack. She also went for prairie oysters. But being born in Italy, she was also very at home with all sorts of pasta.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I find it ironic that even food is often used to determine one's sexual orientation. I recall once eating with a group of high ego guys. I was the only one to order salad and of course I caught much ribbing for it. Did I care? NO!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I’ll eat oysters, but not snails...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Freedomforall wrote:I even saw a women's cereal. How far can this go?
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

denimini wrote:
Freedomforall wrote:I even saw a women's cereal. How far can this go?

That's funny!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

dillon wrote:I’ll eat oysters, but not snails...
They are nearly the same thing and depending on how they are prepared taste nearly the same too.

This information coming from a man who will not eat liver, but will eat "Brunswager" (liverwurst) ..... :hide: :rofl: :hide: