supper tonight

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

supper tonight

Post by dillon »

Steamed oysters over the fire pit tonight, with sauteed Brussels sprouts. Old Agronomist, meet Old Forester...we hit it off right away. Seems we are both 'Old Fashioned" guys. Clean up, and a nice sunset through the pines. It was so good I had to report it.

As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: supper tonight

Post by Freedomforall »

That whiskey is made 2 hours from us. It looks like the colors of the setting sun. Have fun!
Last edited by Freedomforall on Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I skimmed past most of what you wrote and scrolled down to the pics. For a moment I thought that last one was a forest fire! That's an impressive sunset. Thanks for sharing.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Now that's what I call a real Sundowner!

Cooked oysters are far more to my taste than the raw variety, so prized on this side of the Pond. The Bourbon looks great too.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Kirbstone wrote:Now that's what I call a real Sundowner!
Cooked oysters are far more to my taste than the raw variety, so prized on this side of the Pond. The Bourbon looks great too.
Tom
Tom, I love oysters just about any way you can fix them including raw which by the way is my favorite way to fix them.
As for the whiskey I do not enjoy that My leaning is more toward
:twisted: "Demon Rum" :twisted: or old fashion potato Vodka.

Corn on the cob roasted over the fire pit would in my opinion been a much better choice than sautéed Brussels sprouts.

But Dillon I am glad you enjoyed your repast with that beautiful sunset through the trees.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Thanks, guys. I guess as a retiree I just have less and less to report here. Any of you from a farm, though, might have observed that the andirons in the fire pit was a gang from an old spring-tooth cultivator, lol. And the "wok" was an old disk blade. My cell phone camera did not capture the sunset very well; it was certainly bolder. And Fred, my wife was saying the same thing about corn on the cob. But that must wait for summer. I don't eat the supermarket "paper mache'"corn; as one who grew and sold sweet corn for years I cant stand it if it's out of the field for over a day or two. I prefer to pick it and then shuck and silk it on the way to the pot or grill. I've been known to eat it raw in the field. That always impressed customers. :D
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Raw is good too . I love it like that even better than boiled.p
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.