Jealous

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
bridkid

Re: Jealous

Post by bridkid »

Thanks for the replies lads, however, I really don't get on with tights/leggings etc. I wear mini skirts purely for the freedom of movement, and the comfort in warm weather. Also I unfortunately really feel the cold, so going out bare legged is a big no-no for me. And then there's our lass, she is happy for me to be skirted when it's hot, say instead of wearing shorts, but not at other times....

So it's roll on the spring!
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Bridkid,
That puts your situation in a whole different climate.
Tights and legwear in general are just a matter of taste.
"Our Lass" puts things into a different category altogether.
Look around the cafe and it is positvely awash with tales of accommadation and compromise.
Steve,
BTW I love Yorkshire, especially around the Dales.
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

bridkid wrote:Thanks for the replies lads, however, I really don't get on with tights/leggings etc. I wear mini skirts purely for the freedom of movement, and the comfort in warm weather. Also I unfortunately really feel the cold, so going out bare legged is a big no-no for me. And then there's our lass, she is happy for me to be skirted when it's hot, say instead of wearing shorts, but not at other times....

So it's roll on the spring!
I think I'm in the same league. I also don't wear panties, tights or leggings, but when it is warm I love the freedom and comfort of a mini skirt and I like them as short as possible.It's just I don't like to wear sweaty things if it is warm, so a mini skirt is a better option that a short.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Sikko, a micro/mini skirt with no knickers/panties? Isn't that just asking for trouble from, more than likely, flashing?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:Sikko, a micro/mini skirt with no knickers/panties? Isn't that just asking for trouble from, more than likely, flashing?
It's definitely "asking for it". Much depends on his locale, of course, but if he's in the US he'd better be very, very careful. Folks get life-sentences (on "sexual offenders lists") for that sort of thing here.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

I'm Dutch and in Dutch panties means the same as the British English word pantyhose, so in American English stockings.
Of course I do wear underwear under my mini skirts. In my case I wear thong underwear. I'm a kind of a minimalistic person:-)
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

I still wear skirts in this colder weather: I wear below the knee skirts with above the knee socks and, for extra insulation, a ruffly multi layered tiered petticoat and a half slip under that for hygiene. Wearing tights to me defeats the object of wearing a skirt and wearing a petticoat definitely makes skirt wearing feel a lot warmer!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

What discomfort do you get from tights and not from above-the-knee socks?

Like, is this a regimental issue?

Because even if a long skirt provides good protection against icy blasts, I'd think a few would make it through...
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

If I wear tights I might as well be wearing trousers. A pinched undercarriage (polite) doesn't appeal to me.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

I've worn tights that were too small, and have to say that they personified all of the worst characteristics of trousers. Instead of providing gentle support of the "family jewels" and acting like a second skin all the way from the toe to the point where the inner thigh mates with torso, they ended up creating an ill-shaped cavity that promoted chafing of the upper thighs and pinching of those aforementioned jewels.

Putting them on, I take care to be sure that they make it *all* the way up the leg. Sized right, the stretch around the junk is gentler than the average jock strap. Any gap around that area will promote pinching of the worst kind. As for the waist, the top landing halfway to the rib cage always seems to slide off my gut and bag up at the top of my hips, only to try dropping the rest of the way, making that undesirable gap in the worst possible place...at the worst possible time. To get around this, I have a piece of elastic that I've put a couple of snaps on that act as a thin belt, which I will use as a form to the extra top over until it gets to a stable altitude. (I picked the belt trick up off a ballet dance website, talking about what the boys should be doing)

I've also worn tights that were too big. They just did a nice job bagging up at the knees and/or ankles, and looked like crap.

Proper fitting, they're like a second skin.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

kingfish wrote:...Proper fitting, they're like a second skin.
As in anything.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron