Gone Fishing

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Gone Fishing

Post by weeladdie18 »

I am sure many us enjoy Fish and Fishing. ...Summer time and the living is easy fish are a jumping and the cotton is high......

we catch Mackerel on anything silver on a hook and line towed behind a boat at about 3 Knots....even a bare silver hook will catch fish.
Boil Mackerel in seawater like an egg for three minutes..........

Catch Mullet in the harbour on fly gear with bread plugs. ..great sport catching three pound fish on 9 pound line..........

Even had a Pollack take a lead weight and pass it out through it gills...... microwave fish in lemon juice and butter.....Barbie fish,..smoke fish

Look out across the bay and watch the birds diving on the fish.

One lassie I knew waded out into the Red Sea with an underwater camera and took photos of the fish swimming around her legs.

I have some old D.V.D.s of Jaques Cousteau ......We come from the Sea....Developer of the 1940's Aqualung...fascinated me as a boy
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Gone Fishing

Post by Jim »

I enjoy fishing. I usually fish in the nearby Hennepin Canal. It is quite productive in sunfish, largemouth bass, catfish, and freshwater drum. I mostly catch them on earthworms. It's about a 5-minute bike ride for me to my fishing spot. I almost always fish in a skirt--good luck, you know.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Jim wrote:I enjoy fishing. I usually fish in the nearby Hennepin Canal. It is quite productive in sunfish, largemouth bass, catfish, and freshwater drum. I mostly catch them on earthworms. It's about a 5-minute bike ride for me to my fishing spot. I almost always fish in a skirt--good luck, you know.
Do you wear the skirt during the bike ride too? :wink: :)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I hate fishing. Boring, sat on a river bank drowning a maggot or worm, hoping that something will bite only for you to throw it back again later to try again another day. And as for sea fishing, well, as I get sea sick within a half hour of casting off ....

.... it's not for me!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I loved to get in my boat and go out about 25 to 30 miles off shore to a wreck and fish all day. I would catch all kinds of fish take them home and clean them put some in the freezer and some in the fridge and cook the rest. Some of my favorite fish to cook and eat were shark, skate, sea bass, and mackerel. I made steaks of the sharks and fillet the bass and mackerel to pan fry. The skate I cut the best parts out and broiled them.

AAAAhhh the good old days at sea. I had an 18 foot Reballo with a modified Deep Vee hull with a 125 HP out board motor it would handle the seas easily and I never had any trouble when the seas got high while I was out. It had a thirty five gallon built in fuel tank and I carried an additional 12 gallons in portable tanks. I knew just how long and how far I could go before needing to turn back. I usually left the dock at about 0800 hours and would return at about 1800 hours unless the weather took a turn for the worst. Small rain showers did not bother me at all.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Never had much luck with skate. Some folks skin the skate and bake the wings in an oven...The secret is to get the ammonia out of the flesh.
Some say skate is their favourite meal.

At one time I had a 19 foot cathederal hull with a 75 HP outboard .....I did not like that hull shape , it developed a nasty roll when I drifted beam
on to a sea.....the designers claimed that the boat needed 60 H P per ton of boat to get the hull up on the plane....16 Knots was an economical
planning speed..................It is a well known fact that the commercial catamarans lack the stability of a displacement hull

Some of the modern cats have a bulbous bow in each hull and a small wave breaker forward on the centreline of the hull.