Traveling skirted

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Traveling skirted

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I like wearing a skirt for driving. Nothing binding or feeling tight. It is very nice to have dry underwear with help from the air conditioner.

Young females in a group can be giggly and sarcastic. I have a sister who was like that. I have known my wife since high school but we did not attend the same school. She was and is very beautiful and has a lovely personality. Everyone who knows her loves her. She is very intelligent and talented and very much a lady. That includes when she was a teenager. I refer to her as my trophy wife. Yes, she understands why I like wearing skirts and gives me her opinion on how they look. She is very complimentary and supportive. Our (2) children are very much like her and are gracious and friendly. Our son has a personality that attracts everyone socially and professionally.

Yes, I like traveling in a skirt. The first person who I knew who did that was a man who wore a kilt during their vacation to the northeast and the maritime Provinces of Canada. I listened to his story about how much he liked it and so did everyone he met along the way. I wear skirts to national and state parks and a lot of public places.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

oldsalt1 wrote:Just got home from a day trip into New York City. My son lives there and I went in to have lunch with him. I wore short boots tights and an above the knee denim skirt. It was almost cold so I had a shirt and jacket.

Going in was a one hour ride on a commuter train on the LONG ISLAND RAIL ROAD. it was sunny so I skipped the subway and walked across town . The total distance I covered was about a mile and a half straight across the heart of the city . I walked passed the empire State building .

It felt great I wasn't worried that I was getting looks I stayed right in the middle of the pedestrian traffic.

I did hear comments from two groups of guys who were tourists . The first was" hey did you see that guy he is wearing a skirt". The second was" look at what that dude is wearing". I am not sure but I think they took a couple of pictures. I felt so good that if they asked I would have stopped and posed.

I had as rough a start at wearing skirts in public as anybody else on the cafe. I am just happy that I reached a level of confidence that I could do this.
Would love to see a photo of your outfit, "dude" :wink:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

This is basically the outfit that I wore except I had the a collard shirt that was tucked into my skirt. The second is a picture from a prior trip into the city I was waiting for the train for my ride home
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skirted at hom

Post by Skirted at hom »

This past summer as I travel east once or twice a month I started to do so skirted usually leaving Sunday after church. It’s about a 600 mile drive from Peoria, Illinois to Western Pennsylvania. I travel to the Indiana/Ohio border where I spend the night in Richmond. As I travel this portion of the trip I’ve stopped to get gas, coffee at fast food, rest areas with no problem. Going into the motel to check in a few times there have been some waiting to check in. It seems nobody notices I am in a skirt even the clerk at the motel. I plan on going back in two weeks. Most of those trips I eat before I go and take something to snack on when I get to the motel. This time though since Olive Garden is having there never ending pasta bowl I plan on going there. I get to my destination around 7:00 or 7:30 pm. This time of night Olive Garden isn’t very busy I plan on wearing my skirt. What advice would you give me since this will be my first time in this sort of establishment? A second part to this I’ve only worn a skirt out and about in Peoria doing just a couple of quick errands. I’ve not gone into the mall or any of the big box stores I am sort of leery about doing this being the city where I live and not wanting to run into anyone I know. I like to go to Quad Cities for those who know this area a few times a year for some shopping trips. I go to the mall, a bite to eat and home. Any thoughts or advice about doing this skirted? If it helps most of my skirts are jean or khaki skirts nothing more formal if I can say it that way.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Picture yourself when you go out in a pair of jeans. You don't wear any crazy colors or patterns just plain simple (ok dull) clothing. Now all you are going to do is switch the jeans for a denim or jeans skirt.

If you saw 3 girls wearing skirts one in a very short mini one in a skirt around her knees and one in a long midi skirt , who would you notice the least. The girl with the skirt somewhere around her knees.

do the same with your skirt. . I happen to prefer a few inches above my knees but nothing outlandish.

Look at my picture up a little Yes we are on a blog about men in skirts . But if you were walking down the street and a man walked by with that outfit would you really notice It kind of fades into the background because nothing in itself stands out.

If it was a bright red skirt you would sure as hell notice if I was wearing a pink jacket or yellow sneakers you would notice. But everything blends in and so would you.

You are out to enjoy wearing your skirt keep it simple and conservative. If you dress like you just got out of a VW bus with 11 other clowns you are asking to be noticed
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Skirted at hom wrote:Most of those trips I eat before I go and take something to snack on when I get to the motel. This time though since Olive Garden is having there never ending pasta bowl I plan on going there. I get to my destination around 7:00 or 7:30 pm. This time of night Olive Garden isn’t very busy I plan on wearing my skirt. What advice would you give me since this will be my first time in this sort of establishment?
I have eaten in an olive garden several times and it is no big deal. Each time I have been skirted. So go enjoy and eat hearty!

Fred
Last edited by Fred in Skirts on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Skirted at hom wrote:Most of those trips I eat before I go and take something to snack on when I get to the motel. This time though since Olive Garden is having there never ending pasta bowl I plan on going there. I get to my destination around 7:00 or 7:30 pm. This time of night Olive Garden isn’t very busy I plan on wearing my skirt. What advice would you give me since this will be my first time in this sort of establishment?
Just relax, show confidence, and act like nothing's wrong. Because it isn't. You're allowed to be yourself and whoever you are, they want to sell you a dinner.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

oldsalt1 wrote: I happen to prefer a few inches above my knees but nothing outlandish.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A few inches to me is about 2". Who is this and where is OS?
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Ok so I have a big ruler. Mark I have one thing to say If I looked as good as you do in a skirt, I would never wear another pair of pants in my life :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Skirted at hom wrote:A second part to this I’ve only worn a skirt out and about in Peoria doing just a couple of quick errands. I’ve not gone into the mall or any of the big box stores I am sort of leery about doing this being the city where I live and not wanting to run into anyone I know.
I've been in Peoria big box stores and restaurants in a skirt. No one seemed to take notice. Don't worry about it. I do the same in Princeton, the nearest place for shopping for me. I've met folks I know a couple times, who treated me normally and made no mention of a skirt.

I also drive out east at least once a year. I find a skirt much more comfortable for a long drive and have never had any problem or even obvious notice.