It's OK to chill

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

It's OK to chill

Post by geron »

Children conceived during the winter months are likely to be healthier, able to eat more while putting on less weight: that's the suggestion from experiments with mice by researchers in Zurich, published in Nature Medicine and reported in The Times today. The implication is that chilling the testicles subtly alters the chemistry surrounding the genes in sperm, influencing the production of brown fat -- and that it may take less than a day for the effects to kick in.

Myself, I don't expect to be fathering any more children, but if a bit of cooling is so beneficial, what better reason could there be for bringing skirts and kilts back into the mainstream of men's fashion -- at least in summertime?
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It's OK to chill

Post by skirtpettiman »

I too have come across a number of articles suggesting that sperm quality and quantity improves when testicles are kept cooler. Also testosterone levels are higher. Ideally sperm needs to be kept 2 deg. C cooler to be at its best which is a long established medical fact. A perfect medical reason to wear skirts!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Skirtpettiman, don't you find that it gets warm under your long skirts and petticoats? Seems to me that you may well be a lot warmer up there than a trouserman ever would be.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

skirtyscot wrote:Skirtpettiman, don't you find that it gets warm under your long skirts and petticoats? Seems to me that you may well be a lot warmer up there than a trouserman ever would be.
I only wear the heavier stuff in cooler weather. In hot weather, such as this, I wear either one of my wrap skirts with a slip (for hygiene) or wear a black punk kilt with a slip and find it cooler than trousers or even a pair of shorts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Photos or it didn't happen!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

skirtyscot wrote:Photos or it didn't happen!
Photos duly supplied after getting around to editing them to fit the file size limit...
Tartanista utility kilt.JPG
Tiger of London punk kilt.JPG
Ufash unisex wrap skirt.JPG
My head was slightly chopped off as I placed my camera on either the sofa or a low window ledge... couldn't be bothered with my tripod on this occasion as it was buried under a load of stuff in my car boot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

skirtpettiman wrote:
skirtyscot wrote:Photos or it didn't happen!
Photos duly supplied after getting around to editing them to fit the file size limit....

OK, I believe it happened! The long one looks nice and light, and fun to wear.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair