Common Vision

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Common Vision

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I think I would fit in the 5 range. I would like the fashions to allow a skirt designed for male proportions and function. I choose to wear skirts as though they are shorts for the freedom, comfort, and unlimited stride. I think they are a very healthy alternative to pressing ones privates while sitting or driving, and to allow more freedom when walking, hiking, or sports such as golf, running, and tennis. I enjoy wearing a skirt outdoors and around the house. There are medical merits which have been discussed before by others, such as reproductive health, and fresh air on body parts is always a good idea. I often wear a skirt in place of shorts and my skirts resemble shorts as much as possible and I am rarely noticed. I enjoy the feeling of freshness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

H-N-S, that's where you and I differ. There's no way that what I wear could be mistaken for shorts and I like it that way. Shorts are what they are and I wear skirts and don't want the two mixing up. Incidentally MOH was out of the house from 8:30 right through to late evening. So while the cat's away ....

.... I was out and about window shopping and enjoying myself with a white vest, white skater skirt and white plastic slip-on shoes ( and underwear ). No tights ( too hot ) no shaved legs, just me and what I have. TBH I just don't think my attire even registered on 99% of the populace lulled into a heat-induced zombie-like state. There were a couple of double-takes and that's it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

crfriend wrote: My personal thoughts on the matter -- and I am NOT writing this in any sort of editorial or administrative sense -- lean toward the thrust of anything that gets men out of two tubes and into one, at least some of the time, will be worthwhile. That, alone, would make a marked difference.

the status-quo which states pretty firmly that in western "culture" (unless you're a Scot) that it's two tubes, period.
Yeah, my thinking is similar. The hope that something would gain traction. That may not sound very visionary-but is the result of frustration. And knowledge of the very steep hill that we have to climb.

While growing up there were no options. It was twin-tubes....period. In my middle age kilting became an option. I think of that as progress. Having at least one alternative is better than having none.

I hope to see at least one non-kilt design gain traction while I am still on this Earth. Even if the garment is a shapeless sack.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

If I were to bet on the next garment to gain traction, I would bet on robes.
Last edited by Grok on Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:So while the cat's away .... .... I was out and about window shopping and enjoying myself with a white vest, white skater skirt and white plastic slip-on shoes ( and underwear ). No tights ( too hot ) no shaved legs, just me and what I have. TBH I just don't think my attire even registered on 99% of the populace lulled into a heat-induced zombie-like state. There were a couple of double-takes and that's it.
Must have been those white plastic shoes that cause the head turners.... :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Gee, Fred, you really know how to compliment a guy. When I get the yellow photo I'll make sure that I'm wearing the white plastic shoes. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:Gee, Fred, you really know how to compliment a guy. When I get the yellow photo I'll make sure that I'm wearing the white plastic shoes. :D
Oh Please do!! I so want to see them... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Awhile back someone posted a link regarding the men of Guatemala...wearing a short, skirt like garment while playing soccer. I imagined Western men borrowing the garment to play soccer.

If something like that could be popularized for a team sport, that would be great for MIS.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote: allow more freedom when walking, hiking, or sports such as golf, running, and tennis.
On second thought, MIS is more likely to gain traction in individualist sports-such as hiking, running, or golf-than team sports. Team sports emphasize conformity in dress, and that doesn't include MIS.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

True, but think how much more impact it will have when an entire men's team turn out skirted! Need to find a sport where the women's teams wear skirts. Hockey is the only one that springs to mind.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

skirtyscot wrote:True, but think how much more impact it will have when an entire men's team turn out skirted! Need to find a sport where the women's teams wear skirts. Hockey is the only one that springs to mind.
Unfortunately, not even then. Most, if not all, wear skorts... can you blame them?

Skirts and Skorts section.... with only skorts!
https://www.hockeyfactoryshop.co.uk/clo ... and-skorts
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Came across an online list regarding womens athletic wear-"Sports Where You Can Still Wear a Skirt":

Lacrosse. Golf. Tennis. Field Hockey. Running. Somewhat controversial-boxing, badminton (there has been attempts to impose skirts on participants).
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Society may allow a little more choice for athletic wear, as compared to ordinary street clothes. During the tail end of the 19th century, it became socially acceptable for women to wear bloomers for athletic activities when otherwise they were almost entirely restricted to skirts/dresses.

I have started to notice online reviews for unbifurcated hiking garments. For example:

http://www.adventurealan.com/why-would- ... ing-skirt/

The somewhat greater tolerance regarding athletic wear can intersect with mens interest in athletic/outdoors activitiesr.

As for non-kilt designs, I think skirts intended for athletic/outdoors activities are the most likely to gain traction in the foreseeable future.

I have
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Most of the skirted sports wear is in the form of skorts especially for golf just look at any LPGA match and a good portion of the players are wearing skorts.

I myself have 2 golf skorts one is a Calloway and the other is an off brand . want to know what is the best part pockets nice size pockets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

That looks nice Dan! A nice casual "middle of the road" man skirt outfit!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.