Skirt with large pleats

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Skirt with large pleats

Post by Freedomforall »

I have searched the net to exhaustion and cannot find a skirt style that I am visualizing. I am looking for a skirt that is knee length or slightly longer. I would like large pleats in the front and back. The front is fashioned in such a way as to almost appear as pants. Any suggestions?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt with large pleats

Post by oldsalt1 »

go on amazon key in "hanlolo pleated skirts and then try belorinc
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

the second one is beluring pleated skirts
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Hey thank you Oldsalt. I really like those but they are still not what I have in mind. I saw a skirt like the one I am thinking of on Lynda Carter a few months ago. I have since searched and can no longer find the picture. The outfit she was wearing looked so classy. I was quite envious.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

FFA, if you look in the Pics and Looks section "Sinned's typical skirt mode" thread and go to the entry for April 25th 2017 there's a picture of me in a Union Flag shirt and a white skirt. If you enlarge the picture you will see that it has fairly large pleats in it and are bigger than they look in the photo. It may or may not be what you are looking for. It's a size 18 so may be too big. I don't know how to provide the link.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Freedomforall wrote: I am looking for a skirt that is knee length or slightly longer. I would like large pleats in the front and back. The front is fashioned in such a way as to almost appear as pants.
Sounds like the old concept of a stealth skirt.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'm into pleats and proffer a few examples of center-box pleats, which might point towards the right idea

Both Nos 2 and 3 are bespoke made.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Bingo!!! The gray one is the one that is closest. Where did you acquire it?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi FFA,
That grey one is alas a total one-off made for me by <CrossdresserNL> some years back to my own personal drawings. They offer this bespoke service and will work to submitted drawings and measurements. They will work in any type of chosen fabric and require payment including postage up front. They are not bargain-basement or discount, but ye gitz wot ye payz for.

That grey one is waist 33 inch , length 23 inches and is very flared indeed. All my bespoke skirts have large slash pockets like trousers/shorts.

Right now their latest work for me is in the post, complete and ready to wear when they arrive. I submitted this drawing which they worked from. OK it's a wrap design, which I personally like, but one with deep central pleats fore & aft could just as easily be drawn up.

Tom
Rs Wrapskirt design.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I would really like to have one made like that. If I contact them can I give them a pattern number?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

They posted my completed order out on Thursday. I expect delivery early next week, after which I'll tell you what I think of them.

I don't know anything about pattern nos. They have their website, which illustrates a lot of their stock designs, but I go for their bespoke tailoring service and submit my own (unnumbered) drawings, from which I suppose they make up a pattern and continue on from there.

Tom
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Tom the gray one you are modeling is the one I am most interested. in.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Tom -
Don't you have another kilt with a flaming design on the front apron ?

You sure are the one that does not go about quietly in grey subdued patterns.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

RMA,

Yes I did have such a kilt and it was made for me using Cameron Clan tartan inserts by Sportkilt. Alas MOH discovered it and binned it, so I now only have photos of it for my memory. I took it to Henley-on-Thames for a rendezvous with Ian Milfmog, but he turned up for our very pleasant meeting in Mamil, riding his bike, so on that occasion my 'Kilt-on-Fire' didn't get an airing. It stayed in my kitbag.
I remember describing this under 'personal stories' and 'Skip' who was then alive demanded an explanation &c.
Kilt-on-fire & neat stack of turf.jpg
Of the pics of it in my file, only the 'turf shed' one is small enough to post. As to the kilt itself, long hence MOH discovered it & binned it, so I now only have the photos to remember it by.

FFA I'll try to dig out the drawings of that grey & tartan pleated no. My problem is concealment and it may be difficult to find them.

Tom
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Found a better one of the Kilt-on-fire reduced. Also another one of that Denim pleated no. It has a 'yoke which accommodates a front fly zip, nearly invisible. Deep slash pockets as well.

Tom