What ever floats your boat

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

What ever floats your boat

Post by Uncle Al »

Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What ever floats your boat

Post by Caultron »

Uncle Al wrote:...World Naked Gyardening Day...
Why not?

Who can object to naked vegetables?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well, my first thought is that it may be fun for you lot in Texas or Central Australia where the temperatures are in the seventies or eighties ( far en height ) but judging from some of your recent posts from the US you may end up with frostbite!!!! Even here where temperatures have dropped a bit this week it would be far too cold to venture out for more than a few minutes. Maybe if they put the day off until July or August then it may be tempting. Plus, not all of us have enclosed gardens and tending to our pansies in the front garden would raise more than a few eyebrows around here as the front garden is completely open to view. So U.A., it may be a bit of fun and not illegal and I agree with the principle of it and all that but thanks, but no thanks, from chilly York anyway.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I assume it is organic gardening :) so perhaps no nasty chemicals to get on one's skin. Regarding the various cutting implements, nettles, cacti, sunburn on areas not used to the sun, it sounds like it could be a fun day.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Come on, Dennis, you can do it. York is forecast at 15°C on May 5. We will have it a little warmer here at 66°F. I hope to give it a try. Hoeing keeps you warm.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Jim, the forward forecasts that I see give the highest estimated temperature as being 17 C on the 3rd May with the rest of the time being between 7 and 13 C. 17 C is still only 62-63 F. I'd have goosebumps on my goosebumps being naked in those temperatures!!!! Our rear garden is fairly enclosed thus keeping out chill winds, but really, I think not. There are very, very few days in the year when the temperature would get to the levels where I could seriously sunbathe ( or garden ) naked in my back garden.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Àll balderdash, if you ask me.

Temperature apart, the very act of gardening puts one in direct proximity to and contact with all sorts of nasties, nettles, thistles and brambles spring to mind.
Most gardening activity is the weeding out of same and barrowing them off to a place of extermination, activities which require one to have some sort of protective attire on.
Lawn mowing for me is what MOH does on her ride on(s) She has two! I'm just the chief barrowboy.

Naked?....You've got to be joking. Skirted? Of course, when permitted.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote:sunburn on areas not used to the sun,
I've never had a sunburn on my penis before... I imagine it would be unpleasant....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

When I would go to the nudist resort we could always tell who the new comers were by the red tail lights as they walked away. :lol: Since I always started my all over tan early in the spring at home in my back yard I never had to worry about the tail lights. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Due to a major mixup at the seed store, World Naked Gardening day had an unfortunate encounter with a strain of the world's most virulent Poison Ivy.....

:thewave:
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Just because you are gardening naked will not get the blessing of the Lord !
Remember he ushered you out once before and I wonder how he appreciates the skirts instead of fig leafs !
Do I hear thunder - feel fire and brimstone - better be getting off this soap box !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

my tan line starts above my ankles. I am out hiking in the wilderness at least once a week wearing hiking boots and a back pack. It was over 100 degrees, so I will move up to the mountains for my summer hikes and photos.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:my tan line starts above my ankles. I am out hiking in the wilderness at least once a week wearing hiking boots and a back pack. It was over 100 degrees, so I will move up to the mountains for my summer hikes and photos.
Hiking in higher altitudes increases the sun tanning (er sun burning) potential due to thinner more transparent air !
Welcome to UVA 101 sun exposure.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !