Euphemisms and Acronyms

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Euphemisms and Acronyms

Post by skirtyscot »

It's the masculinity, mishawakaskirt. It's ever so fragile and easily damaged.

Femur funnel... Lol.... Nice one, Caultron.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirtyscot wrote:...Femur funnel... Lol.... Nice one, Caultron.
Femur funnel was denimini's, not mine, but thanks for the flattery.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

The mono-trouser.

Or, if you are from North America, the monopant.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Caultron wrote:
skirtyscot wrote:...Femur funnel... Lol.... Nice one, Caultron.
Femur funnel was denimini's, not mine, but thanks for the flattery.
Oops, must pay attention! Er... nice one, denimini.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

The Scottish Highland Kilt. This is a garment which was traditionally worn by the Highland Clansmen In Scotland.

The derivation of this Scandanavian word was used to describe the pulling up of the garment beneath the wearers belt.

Hence the words Kilting up or pulling up and adjusting the height of the hem of the garment above the Top of the wearers kneecap.

This is the derivation of the WORDS....Great Kilt. ...........

The Little Kilt is the "Modern " style of Kilt developed some two hundred years ago.

The Little Kilt is still worn as a Dress Kilt for formal Military Ceremonies by the Royal Highland Regiment.

The Garment also part of the Male Scottish National Dress. ...............

SKIRT is a word defined as to Go Around.....Hence ....Skirting Board ....fitted around a room above the floor boards........

Defined by derivation as... a garment worn around the lower body to give to give the wearer protection between the ankles and the waist.

A garment worn by the female ....

The world of fashion does show that in many countries the male still wears a garment which looks like

....a male unbiforcated garment ...... which skirts the wearers body.... however the garment is known by a local name.

Hence the male residents of these countries do not wear Skirts........

As I am English I may have wandered of the thread . ....

I hope that this fashion history may inspire the brain storming Anacronym Creators into life.... .............weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Please allow me to tell you a family story which illustrates how history is distorted. The central theme is the misuse of the acronym.

My Father was out there when they needed them.....Three and a half years living in the desert in the Middle East, living in tents,
sleeping in beds made out of engine storage crates , drinking French beer from glasses made out of wine bottles.
The task was to employ Arab Labour to keep the British and American Military Vehicles running in convoys from the Persian Gulf
to the Russian Front.

This is possibly a good environment in which to live if one wishes to perfect the Military Acronym.

After the war London Transport imported West Indian Labour from the Colonies to replace the Male Employees lost serving
their Country during the war.

My cousin's family moved to South London after the war. My cousin was at school and his teacher was explaining how the
West Indians came to London. My cousin referred to the Foreign employees on London Transport as " W.O.G.S ".

My cousin was reprimanded and informed that there was no such thing as a W.O.G .
My cousin was adamant that these people existed as his Uncle ( my father ) had seen one........

The Military Acronym, W.O.G., refers to the Jordanian Business Men who forsook their Native Robes and wore
Gentlemen's Trousered Business Suits. W.O.G......Westernized Oriental Gentleman
...........weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Editing of posts ..Please will crfriend note that I have a duplication of a post above and I have failed to correct this error

Please remove one of the duplications and this instruction. ....Thank you for your assistance ..weeladdie
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Already got it. No worries.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

CR friend thank you for your assistance . weeladdie