burbery

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

burbery

Post by Gusto10 »

While looking around i nited that Burbery had a new collection: https://kw.burberry.com/wool-twill-kilt-p45479311
Not to bad.

When checking the prices, my mood changed, over usd 1000....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: burbery

Post by Kirbstone »

Gosh,

I can't wait! I just need to hand over more than one thousand dollars and it'll be on my doorstep by the end of August...a mere six months delivery time.

And like Henry Ford's model T, you can have it in any colour so long as it is Black.

Pull the other one!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Just asked my wife if we could take out a home equity line!!! Can't wait to order this!! Here I come!!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Goods like this are for people who just want to revel in their ability to afford it.

It's called negative elasticity of demand. For luxury goods, the more you charge the more you sell. The most important feature of a Rolex or a Lanborgini is that almost not one else can afford it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Let's be honest - this is a skirt. It makes a passing concession towards being a kilt by virtue of its shape, but it bears little resemblance to what might be worn by the Highland Pipers!

OK, so, these exclusive clothing brands are dipping their toes in the MUG waters at last. The questions are will they be able to sell these at the prices quoted? If they do, will the more affordable brands try to grab a piece of the action and market similar garments? Will they filter down to J C Penney in the US and Marks & Spencer in the UK and H & M throughout the western world? Or will Burberry get their fingers burned, as others have in the past when trying to sell MUGs, resulting in these being slashed in price and then retailers shying away from MUGs for several years because the public simply isn't ready for such a radical change?

We can but wait and see.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Sorry a little out of touch what Is " MUG ' I thought they were a shoe
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

oldsalt1 wrote:Sorry a little out of touch what Is " MUG ' I thought they were a shoe
Sorry. It's an acronym for "male unbifurcated garment". :D
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: MUG

Post by Grok »

MUG-described as an "open ended garment" in Skirtcafe-is a garment not joined between the legs. An example would be a kilt. For women, a woman's skirt or dress would be a similar open ended garment.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Marketing masculine skirts

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I think a good way to market skirts for men would be to show pictures of men in activities such as hiking, walking, golfing while wearing a skirt type garment with women admiring them and approving. Women would buy them for their husbands / boy friends, etc.

I have had women admiring and favorably comment about my kilts or skirts. Yesterday a friend of ours was practically drooling when I was wearing a kilt. I have had two women say me in a skirt were cute. One complimented my legs. I have also had a few smiles. Some of the comments have been how comfortable they look. Most of them are women who are my wife's friends.

I think if an ad campaign showed men in skirts or a modified kilt with approving women would work.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

oldsalt1 wrote:Sorry a little out of touch what Is " MUG ' I thought they were a shoe
Me thinks that you have MUG confused with UGG - otherwise known as ugly boots footwear
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

When I think of Burbery - I think of the Burberry with the double "R"

The tartan pattern in image one:

And in the second image a skirt that I envision SkirtsDad wearing:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !