The worm has turned

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The worm has turned

Post by Caultron »

Daryl wrote:My favourite witty reply is "your sister's lipstick"...
LOL.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Just a strange realization I was doing laundry this morning I wash than use the dryer a little than I hank up to finish drying .as I was hanging things up I saw that aside from tops and misc I had only one pair of pants while I had one dress and one skirt. I guess that my wardrobe has flipped
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Working as an accountant and in NYC I always had a pretty decent wardrobe . Suits were the mainstay. Since I am semi retired I have greatly reduced my wardrobe. I just checked my closet I am down to only 5 suits 2 with pants and 3 skirt suits
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

That is really smart, OldSalt. Terrific effort.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

I love that outfit - I'd definitely wear that to the office if I could! Where did you get it from?
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

its a " Le suit" I got it on line at Kohls. If you are looking also try Macy's They are running major sales on all of their skirt suits. This is pretty decent stuff both the jacket and skirt are lined. If it helps I wear a slightly tight 34 pants and a large in shirts I got size 16 in the skirt suit
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Now that's your best submitted outfit to date, OS1, by a Country Mile!

Nice length of everything, nice material & colour. Not sold on the shoes, though. Perhaps I'm just being fussy. I'd be fussy about the jacket sleeve lengths, too.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:Working as an accountant and in NYC I always had a pretty decent wardrobe . Suits were the mainstay. Since I am semi retired I have greatly reduced my wardrobe. I just checked my closet I am down to only 5 suits 2 with pants and 3 skirt suits
Good look!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
jmiller842
Distinguished Member

Post by jmiller842 »

I very much like the style, very professional (from one finance guy to another). And I love the shoes. What brand and where did you get them?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I got the shoes from amazon they are CHASE and Chloe They have a big selection and are reasonably priced. If it helps my normal shoe size is a 9 I found that ladies size 10 fits fine
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:I got the shoes from amazon they are CHASE and Chloe They have a big selection and are reasonably priced. If it helps my normal shoe size is a 9 I found that ladies size 10 fits fine
Supposedly, men's US shoe sizes are 1-1/2 larger than women's. Theoretically, that would make men's size 9 equivalent to women's size 10.5.

But women's shoes tend to be narrower, which affects things. And when I (at least) wear women's shoes, I either wear tights or no socks at all, whereas with men's shoes I wear much heavier socks. So I end up wearing a size 10.5 men's and 11 women's.

And I still ending up returning at least half the shoes I buy from Amazon.

caultron
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

From a UK perspective...

I wear a size 9 standard men's shoe. However, by trial and error, I wear a size 8 wide in women's shoes.

I buy from M&S, Clarks, and, Hotter - the latter being the most comfortable (in standard width).
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Here's a good one . Going back a way's when I first started to wear skirts. I would wear them around the house . Then I f I had to go out I would quick change into shorts or pants.

The other day I was sitting around wearing one of my dresses . Since I am not yet really comfortable going out in dresses and I had to run out to the store I made a quick changer. As I was going out the door I realized that my quick change security clothes was a skiirt
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:As I was going out the door I realized that my quick change security clothes was a skiirt
I believe you have "turned the corner" successfully. Bravo! All too many seem to wind up "off the rails" or on their sides. That first curve is, to be honest, a tough one.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Could always throw on a shirt, or if it's cool enough, a sweater or a sweatshirt. No need to change the rest of the outfit.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo