Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by skirtyscot »

An unplanned skirted encounter! They're as rare as hen's teeth!
Happy-N-Skirts wrote: I have worn all kinds of skirts in public places though. I have never been noticed.
I bet you have.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

skirtyscot wrote:An unplanned skirted encounter! They're as rare as hen's teeth!
I don't know about that. Over the years of doing this I have run into a lot of people I know In any number of places and I have never had what I would call a bad reaction. Do they get it or not? I don't know, they still react to me the same after the encounter as they did before.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

No, I mean a skirted-man-meets-skirted-man event. As rare as steak tartare!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

skirtyscot wrote:No, I mean a skirted-man-meets-skirted-man event. As rare as steak tartare!
Believe it or not since I started doing this I have had more chance encounters with other skirted men than I would have ever expected. Three right here in Gilford,NH one in Concord, NH, one in Lebanon, NH, one in Portsmouth NH. four in Belfast Maine, one in Freeport, Maine, and three or four each time I have attended the Common Ground Fair in Unity Maine. These are the encounters I can remember. I'm sure there were more. These were all with people I have never seen before. I have also met five or six people that are or were members of this board. We are not mainstream by any means, But we are out there.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

It seems that NH is a hotbed of manskirting!

I'm sorry to say that on my visit to NH I misguidedly wore trousers.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

skirtyscot wrote:It seems that NH is a hotbed of manskirting!

I'm sorry to say that on my visit to NH I misguidedly wore trousers.
It is not only NH but New England in general. We are a lot more progressive than most people think and we are a very interdependent lot for the most part.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Back on topic, Mrs SS spotted a man in a dress in Glasgow yesterday. A fairly light cotton dress, and although he had a tweed jacket on over it, he also had bare legs. Must have been cold.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Skirtyscot, I don't think I have mentioned this before.
Daughter and I were out at Ramadan post sunset near our local Mosque.
We saw a young, non-European guy in a dress. The design was floral, think Laura Ashley.
It was certainly not "ethnic".
He was certainly chuffed when I complimented his attire.
Steve.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I had to look up "chuffed"; i.e. "very pleased".
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Post by Feeling freedom »

Over the last 5-7 years. I have seen men in skirts 3 times. A sarong, flounce and maxie pleated skirts were seen in Vancouver BC.
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
Jayce

Post by Jayce »

Last year, 1917, I came across two men in Kilts, one working in an antique shop in Columbus, NJ, and the second in a Flea Market in New Egypt, NJ. Both were wearing utility kilts and easily engaged in conversation. I showed them a photo of my son's wedding where all of my sons and I wore kilts.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Jayce,

Even I, as one of the oldest members here, can't remember anything that far back, but my Dad would have been a strapping young lad of sixteen then, and he was forty-one years older than me! :eye:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

We met a group of back packers, male and female, all wearing skirts or kilts. I encountered a couple in a national park, both wearing skirts. I would not have noticed him except that I was also wearing a skirt. He was stealthy. He was nervous and shy until I told him I was wearing one. We all had a nice conversation. I told him he probably had a high I.Q. I have also told that to men with a shoulder bag.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It seems that MOH may be accepting of me carrying a bag, although the design may play a vital role in that acceptance. We had a discussion the other day and in it I said that I had seen quite a few men with bags and she said that she had too. I have a satchel type one that's a bright turquoise-type blue that would certainly get noticed but I haven't worn it outside yet. It was given to MOH in a load of clothes supposedly for my grand-daughters but I picked a few items out of the pile.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:...He was nervous and shy until I told him I was wearing one...
How did he not notice?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron