First steps in tights

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: First steps in tights

Post by Caultron »

skirtyscot wrote:Next time, wear a skirt with your tights. It'll be much better!
LOL
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

When I started out wearing skirts, I never wanted a pantyhose or a legging. But my wife told me to try one of her leggings. And that nice feeling changed my attitude towards leggings and pantyhose. They are real nice to wear.

Today it wil be 5C, so we need a legging to stay warm. I go out to the market in a minute to buy some cheese and chickenbreasts.
My outfit for today
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Looks good! But I gotta ask... cheese and chicken breasts? No beer? :lol:
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Hey Mike speaking of beer. My son had a couple of friends around over the holidays. They are into beer and are always trying something new This past weekend they brought a case of this new beer they found +

Rolling Rock. I told them what new beer I was drinking that in the 80's
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I remember that!

Get proper beer. Craft ales or real ales. No Blandweiser or other watery rubbish! IPA - all the way!
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

I am a lager drinker now--no bad guts or hangovers for me now. I do try and get the German lager when I can- no additives in the brew. Local club has Stella, Bud and another which I can't remember- nasty stuff anyway. I have the Stella, the 5% odd stuff, currently sold for £3.10p.

I use 150 or 300 den tights- no need to wear socks with those. 300 den thermal ones when extra cold. I wear tights pretty well all year round.
10- 15 den in summer---I think it was on a Tuesday afternoon this year, about 14.23 pm
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Gregg1100 wrote:I use 150 or 300 den tights- no need to wear socks with those. 300 den thermal ones when extra cold. I wear tights pretty well all year round.
10- 15 den in summer---I think it was on a Tuesday afternoon this year, about 14.23 pm
Apologies for being a pedant, but it was 14.32 hours; correct about the day (I missed it last year, hope not to this year) :D
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Gregg1100 wrote:I am a lager drinker now--no bad guts or hangovers for me now. I do try and get the German lager when I can- no additives in the brew. Local club has Stella, Bud and another which I can't remember- nasty stuff anyway. I have the Stella, the 5% odd stuff, currently sold for £3.10p.

I use 150 or 300 den tights- no need to wear socks with those. 300 den thermal ones when extra cold. I wear tights pretty well all year round.
If Wales has had it's summer already this year, than such isn't very promising for over 5 months or so.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Mike wrote:Looks good! But I gotta ask... cheese and chicken breasts? No beer? :lol:
Beer is in general not sold on the market, to bad.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

A bit of a standing joke in UK. Also I meant last year. Last year it was quite good- makes up for the 3 previous years. This year summer could come on a Thursday.
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Mike wrote:Looks good! But I gotta ask... cheese and chicken breasts? No beer? :lol:
No beer needed, because my own beer fridge is full with Belgian beauties.
Like :
Rochefort 10
St Bernardus 12
Westvleteren 12 ( I've got 1 1/2 case left)
Chimay blue and red
Straffe Hendrik 9 and 11
Non Belgian:
Hertog Jan
Hertog Jan Grand Prestige
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Gregg1100 wrote:A bit of a standing joke in UK. Also I meant last year. Last year it was quite good- makes up for the 3 previous years. This year summer could come on a Thursday.
I gathered such. It;s usd on the continent also, even when the continent is in the fog :lol:
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

I live in Beer City USA... so I have all the craft beer I can swaller!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Gusto, Gregg,

Re: Summer coming on a Thursday. Here in Ireland that may well have happened, but either I was on the loo at the time or I blinked and missed it entirely! :blue:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Stop complaining !!

In the Netherlands thanks to climate change, the summers are getting warmer and longer. But in the 60s and 70s, according to statistics of the weather bureau, most summer fell on a tuesday afternoon but only in leap years. If you missed it, you had to wait 4 years.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak