Halloween plans skirted, kilted or other?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Halloween plans skirted, kilted or other?

Post by mishawakaskirt »

What are your plans for Halloween. Going to any events? Will your outfit include a kilt or skirt? Or something else?
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Halloween plans skirted, kilted or other?

Post by moonshadow »

Normally people wear something unusual and different for Halloween... should I wear trousers?? :lol: :wink:

Actually it will be a work day so I'll be in my normal work uniform for most of the day. As far as the evening, I'll probably just change into my PJ's like I normally do. I don't know anyone who parties for Halloween.

I remember the good old days when Amber was younger, I accompany her trick or treating, she'd wear whatever costume she wanted for the year (one time she was a witch), and I would wear my old Wiccan robe. I always looked forward to it as it was my excuse to wear something unbifurcated out in public and nobody seemed to mind...

I guess these days it's always a good day to "dress up"! :flower:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Around here Halloween is just another day. I live so far out in the sticks that no one ever comes to my door [can't even see my house from the road], so I leave the light out and will probably be on the computer or watching a Simpson Tree House of Terror marathon. I will be skirted as usual.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I plan on wearing a Blue Red White cheerleaders skirt with fly-away panels *** (must remember to wear co-ordinated under gear) -
white sweatshirt sweater - white over the knee sox and red mary jane shoes.

*** The pleated flyaway panels are about 3.5 inches wide and the space between the pleats is an open space cut from the hem to the waist

image examples:

More treat than trick - Happy Halloween !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

Halloween party outfit2.jpg
I’m going to a charity Halloween hafla [an informal gathering where dancers perform belly dance in front of an audience] with the theme “Princesses go bad". I’ll be going as a Goth Princess - a blue prom dress, spiky leather choker and other goth accessories, ripped effect stockings and goth boots. I will, however, be wearing a long coat over the outfit for the bus journey to and from the event!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

mishawakaskirt wrote:What are your plans for Halloween. Going to any events? Will your outfit include a kilt or skirt? Or something else?
Probably all black, including a shirt, skirt, tights, and shoes.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Blackpassage

Post by Blackpassage »

My wife and I went out Saturday. I was wearing a black leather mini with matching black nylons and leather jacket. We spent the afternoon shopping, finishing with dinner and a movie in the evening. We didn't do any parties , but it was sure was nice to be out in that outfit.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I did not go out for a Halloween party. It is not part of the Dutch folklore so I have no inner urge to go.
But when I went shopping Saturday evening, some party-goers got me scared for a second. There was a party organized nearby and while driving some people suddenly crossed the street from behind a van about 10 yards in front of me. Two of them had a sort of jumpsuit with a sceleton painted on it in reflective paint. At the grocery I heard from some distance a mother telling her son that she supposed I was going to a party after shopping. If they would have been closer, I would have said that it was my daily outfit.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
GothScot

Post by GothScot »

Went nuts at Dress Barn the past few weeks so after I get the morning's rat killing done (figuratively speaking. No rodents will be harmed), I'm pulling on one of those billowy floor sweepers with a pair of tights, maxi length half slip and plain long-sleeved top. May smuggle the gear into my office, hole myself up there and spend the day working from there with the door shut. Failing that, one of my denim ones from Style J (also floor draggers).
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Probably going to wear a dress of some sort with an open cardigan, and, if it gets too warm, just tie that around my waist. Only chewbacca fuzz I have now is on my lower arms, my face, and top, sides, and back of my head (as well as the unmentionable parts of my body). Everything else is hairless for now.

Got a few errands to run during the day. Not going to be trying to make the outfit look like a skirt and shirt outfit like I usually do when I'm out.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Raakone »

My outfit for recent Halloween related stuff, including a party at school today (I'm now back at school, learning to be a paralegal), was Prince Janus of Zeal, from the early 90's video game Chrono Trigger. There seem to be a few different interpretations as to what he's wearing, but me, my variant includes a purple robe with wide sleeves, a special "collar", and a blue wig. I have a stuffed purple cat (Alfador), attached to the collar via hook'n'loop (velcro) thingies. Because of the temperature....I wear a couple of nightshirts underneath the robe!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

moonshadow wrote:Normally people wear something unusual and different for Halloween... should I wear trousers?? :lol: :wink:
Well, I didn't go as far as trousers, but my hemline was considerably lower than usual.
P1120810sc.jpg
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

A fabulous look! Love the skirt - decadent looking. I also love the tights. They are sheer! I thought you hated sheer tights? The dots are playful!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Ray wrote:A fabulous look! Love the skirt - decadent looking. I also love the tights. They are sheer! I thought you hated sheer tights? The dots are playful!
Haha, you are correct, however these are only sheer between the pattern lol. Therefore, I probably wouldn't really class these as sheer. The only two pairs of this style that I have were both given to me by the charity shop manager as they hadn't sold, so neither would I usually buy them. It was good to hear your feedback..... perhaps I should consider them as a fashion option more than I do.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

SkirtsDad wrote:
Ray wrote:A fabulous look! Love the skirt - decadent looking. I also love the tights. They are sheer! I thought you hated sheer tights? The dots are playful!
Haha, you are correct, however these are only sheer between the pattern lol. Therefore, I probably wouldn't really class these as sheer. The only two pairs of this style that I have were both given to me by the charity shop manager as they hadn't sold, so neither would I usually buy them. It was good to hear your feedback..... perhaps I should consider them as a fashion option more than I do.
The only thing missing would be the broom... :lol: