Discerning Buyer

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Discerning Buyer

Post by jamodu »

Recently, my Wife was generous in treating me to a new/matching Skirt, Top, Blouse, and, Cardigan from the Eastex outlet store.

On arrival, however, while all items fitted well, the materials employed in their manufacture wasn't up to Eastex's usual standard.

I suppose that I should have been suspicious by the 'online exclusive' tags.

There was a time that I would have accepted any type of Skirt that came into my possession - especially if bought by my Wife (wonders will never cease).

Now, though, I'm discerning enough to return something that isn't right or isn't likely to be worn very often.

In little time at all, we both mutually agreed that none of the items looked right on me: so off they went for full refund.

At least that is the primary joy of using online retail stores: you can buy and try-on in the comfort of your own home - and return them free of charge if they don't suit you.

I've also learned that if my Wife likes such items of clothing (from the alternative isle) then she is more likely to approve of my wearing them.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Discerning Buyer

Post by Sinned »

Most stores over here will take returns within a reasonable period of time, certain items such as underwear excepted, unless obviously unworn. I believe that ASDA has a 100 day returns limit. I have returned things where I haven't been able to try them on in the store's changing room, say for lack of time. But yes, I am far more picky about what I buy and sometimes, this being the women's section with sometimes optimistic pricing, price discourages me from purchase. I very rarely pay over 5 quid for a skirt, even new.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Matalan has a very large clothes clearance outlet in Newport Gwent. Seeing as the probable average women's size in UK is 12,14, 16 area---there are racks upon racks of 8, 10, 12, 18, 20 ,22- all very cheap.
I don't know if there are any more outlets elsewhere in the country.
jmiller842
Distinguished Member

Post by jmiller842 »

"Recently, my Wife was generous in treating me to a new/matching Skirt, Top, Blouse, and, Cardigan from the Eastex outlet store."

To me, that was THE point of the message. Jamodu, you have it made if your wife is buying you the skirts, etc. that you want. That is the ultimate acceptance. Well done!!
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

Sometimes I'm a little bit jealous that someone's wife buy a skirt for his husband. She really accepts you, how you are? That is how a reletionship has to be.

I recognize that you do not accept all skirts that you get or buy. Years ago I was searching for what I really like and what not. Today I have a closet full of clothes. And if I buy, I really have to know: Do I wear it? If that is so. I can buy it. Else it's a waste of money. Yesterday I was in the H&M, and I bought two shorts for the vacation. I know on holiday I can't wear skirts. Anyway not with my wife.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Having a wife buy you skirts doesn't necessarily mean anything. MOH has bought me skirts - she just doesn't like me wearing them outside the house.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sinned wrote:Having a wife buy you skirts doesn't necessarily mean anything. MOH has bought me skirts - she just doesn't like me wearing them outside the house.
Women.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

Sinned wrote:Having a wife buy you skirts doesn't necessarily mean anything. MOH has bought me skirts - she just doesn't like me wearing them outside the house.
But there is a kind of acceptance. My wife don't want to see me in a skirt. First she didn't want to see me in a skinny jeans. Than she see to many man in a skinny. Than the longshirt was a taboo. And still the skirt. What do other people think. My husband in a skirt??? :oops:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

WesleyN wrote:My husband in a skirt??? :oops:
My late ex- was always completely fine with it once the initial curiosity (which wasn't hostile in the least) passed (By her admission, "That's the worst 15 seconds I've ever wasted.")
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

WesleyN wrote:...But there is a kind of acceptance. My wife don't want to see me in a skirt. First she didn't want to see me in a skinny jeans. Than she see to many man in a skinny. Than the longshirt was a taboo. And still the skirt. What do other people think. My husband in a skirt??? :oops:
Sometimes the long slow approach works best. Zero in on it one step at a time.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

For me, the slow road works best. No shocks. I don't know how my wife's 72 year old heart would handle it if I was showing up out of the blue in a miniskirt like I'm wearing now. My estimate of progression is about 1 millimeter (0.039") a month from my start in a knee length kilt.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

beachlion wrote:For me, the slow road works best. No shocks. I don't know how my wife's 72 year old heart would handle it if I was showing up out of the blue in a miniskirt like I'm wearing now. My estimate of progression is about 1 millimeter (0.039") a month from my start in a knee length kilt.
I take it her vision is excellent?

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Caultron wrote:
beachlion wrote:For me, the slow road works best. No shocks. I don't know how my wife's 72 year old heart would handle it if I was showing up out of the blue in a miniskirt like I'm wearing now. My estimate of progression is about 1 millimeter (0.039") a month from my start in a knee length kilt.
I take it her vision is excellent?
As good as mine and even better in the distance. And what she can't see, she can feel. :oops:
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

Help... I take a step back. Now I have the right for two steps forward. That is the fair road to go... and nothing else.