Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Logjam

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Logjam »

(I'm new here, regrets for not posting an intro before now.)

I saw Judah14's post about the Senakulo (sp?) play - tonight in our church, Northwest US if anyone cares, we are doing a similar play, and all dozen or so of the male characters, YT included, are in robes. Mine comes to mid calf as do most of the others.

Logjam
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Logjam wrote:(I'm new here, regrets for not posting an intro before now.)

I saw Judah14's post about the Senakulo (sp?) play - tonight in our church, Northwest US if anyone cares, we are doing a similar play, and all dozen or so of the male characters, YT included, are in robes. Mine comes to mid calf as do most of the others.

Logjam
For the record 'Senakulo' is the term used for that type of play in the Philippines and is called 'Passion Play' elsewhere. As Senakulo plays are frequently held during Holy Week, I also saw another Senakulo play this Thursday.
らき☆
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

In York we have the Mystery Plays which are held about every few years. And they are a big deal with national stars playing the lead roles of God, Jesus and so on. I have been to one. The last was in 2016 and the next are scheduled for 2018.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

14553286_1894772647421447_5448590881730854912_n.jpg
13531815_1448619951830118_731988696_n.jpg
12728476_1694479110826396_665870920_n.jpg
Three pics I found on Instagram searching for #menskirt with hundreds more pictures (despite kilts) being uploaded, also with positive comments.I do like the dress as well, very smart 8) So there are loads out there "in the wild" :wink:
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Another pic found down the back of the internet. Simple black pencil skirt
161101050722154658.jpg
Though what he has done to his eyes looks painful :lol:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Kilty,
This one I didn't 'find' anywhere. It's all me, I must admit, and may conform to your criteria. It was strictly private fun and I wouldn't go prancing about in that anywhere other than my grounds.
That pinstripe has a swallowtail, which makes walking easier and looks nice.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Kirbstone wrote:Hi Kilty,
This one I didn't 'find' anywhere. It's all me, I must admit, and may conform to your criteria. It was strictly private fun and I wouldn't go prancing about in that anywhere other than my grounds.

Tom
I think it looks great . Its not meant for grocery shopping but for a trip to a restaurant it would be perfect. Nail polish that matches the belt nice touch
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Kirbstone, that's a style I would definitely wear to work. In fact it is very similar to a grey skirt that my daughter picked out for me, and which I _do_ wear to work regularly.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Kirbstone wrote:Hi Kilty,

Tom
Kirbstone, that is a fabulous skirt. It is to my criteria, and you look great in it. Feel free to go out in it, it looks smart enough as would one of my pencils with a regular hemline 8) I love your shoes. Go out to a shop and buy a paper in it, and you will find the same reaction as your 'skirt suit' encountered, or a kilt would :) People just don't care. I used to search "man skirt" on Twitter and it would come back with loads of derogatory remarks plus guys in skirts, but I think the world has moved on, accepted, and grown up. Men's jeans are practically jeggings now that they are so tight, so gender doesn't create such a stir as years ago :ugeek:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kirbstone wrote:This one I didn't 'find' anywhere. It's all me, I must admit, and may conform to your criteria. It was strictly private fun and I wouldn't go prancing about in that anywhere other than my grounds.
This skirt looks great to me. Why wouldn't you go prancing about in it?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Oneoff

Post by Oneoff »

It's a fine skirt - I was out in its first cousin today. Both comfortable and (I think) good looking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Oneoff wrote:It's a fine skirt - I was out in its first cousin today. Both comfortable and (I think) good looking.
Oneoff I hope you understand what I am saying the outfit is at a level where it looks normal. And I think that this is what we are all trying to achieve.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Oneoff wrote:It's a fine skirt - I was out in its first cousin today. Both comfortable and (I think) good looking.
It looks like a lovely skirt, like the contrast with the shirt as well. Nice tights and shoes as well :wink:
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

A very good look indeed. I like to wear similar styles.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Fabulous, Tom!