On Crossdressing II, Actors or actors portrayal

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
whorton

On Crossdressing II, Actors or actors portrayal

Post by whorton »

I recently came across an article, "7 Things you learn from a straight guy who is a crossdresser" in of all places, Cracked.com

But I encourage you to read it, as he nails several things.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... esser.html

Thoughts?
Last edited by whorton on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: On Crossdressing II, Actors or actors portrayal

Post by moonshadow »

404 file not found...

If what you seek, you find not within, you'll never find it without!
whorton wrote:Thoughts?
Seems pretty to the point....

That bit about the LGBT community is something I've been giving some consideration to over the last few months or so, wondering if they will reciprocate the support I've thrown them should anything baneful ever come before me in regards to my clothing choices.

He also mentions "women's clothes don't fit dudes"...

That may be true, I do not know, for I am not a "dude", I'm Moon Shadow, and my clothes fit me fine! :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
whorton

Post by whorton »

Egads Man!

Someone has to alert me to my own failings! :oops:

linxs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

That sure sounds like a lot of work. I'll stick to wearing skirts as a man, thank you!
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I don't have to worry about wigs or breast forms since I have the real things.

I might look like a woman at times but when I speak I sure don't sound like one!

John
Last edited by JohnH on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I know that I wouldn't like to have to add all the accessories that women do in makeup, hair styling and so on. In my case applying my own eye makeup would be virtually impossible because I am blind in my right one so how do I apply to the left one. If you ever doubt that - try it. Now you know why my early case woman impersonation was that - very, very short. Seems too much like hard work to me - it's no wonder you have to give a woman a two hour, minimum, head start on proceedings.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Yes its a good article and as far as my experience goes it is truthful. But bear in mind that I've never gone the full 9 yards of full crossdressing to look like a woman. I'll admit to wanting to try it though.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

After reading all of that I am not going to try to even look like a woman. :) Since I am not a woman but am very happy wearing my skirts and dresses as a dude. I will continue to do so. :lol: Besides they are just made of cloth and are not able to turn me into a woman. So why try to be something you are not. :thumright:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Sinned wrote:In my case applying my own eye makeup would be virtually impossible because I am blind in my right one so how do I apply to the left one.
When I apply eyeshadow and mascara I don't close my eyes. I have not tried eyeliner.

John
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Hmmph.

At best, I sometimes think of an item as pretty, but mostly just 'ooooh! I'd like to wear that!'

Some years back, I experimented with makeup, to make myself look younger. But that was too much like work.

I don't want to be a "faux-woman", but if it became possible to wake up some morning a fully-functional XX AND adapted with stronger bones, muscles and faster reaction times (OK Conan, she has 10 times your strength), AND biologically a teenager, AND look like a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10....it might be tempting. Looking forward to a second lifetime spent becoming a martial arts master (that even Chuck Norris would bow to), to deal with the crazies, and....and....and....I'd probably end up wearing pants and Oxford dress shirts with ties (or polo shirts) and blazers and wingtips with short hair.....you know, wearing men's clothes!!! :shock:

So there! :lol:
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I literally yelped in imagined pain at his detailed description of tucking. If there had ever been any point in my life when I might have considered thinking about perhaps experimenting with the idea of possibly passing... that would have killed it. No. Nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen. Big Ralph and Little Ralph (due to an unfortunate case of chronic epididymitis that leaves Little Ralph smaller and extremely fragile) want to ride free. Half the reason I wear skirts with oversized nylon briefs is so nothing pinches or squeezes, ever.

Thanks for posting this! It was a terrific read.
Ralph!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

John, how do you apply anything to the upper eyelid and get total coverage without closing that eye. Anyway too much like hard work. And when you add in the complexities of foundations and other pots and potions I think I'd rather retrain as a chemist.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I guess I have heavy enough upper eyelids I don't need to close my eyes to apply eyeshadow. I don't mess around with goop on my face; I don't use foundation nor rouge. The lipstick I use is relatively inconspicuous.

As for tucking, I wince when I think about it. That's not for me.

John