An impulse purchase

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

An impulse purchase

Post by Tackleberry »

As work sprang a surprise training course on me yesterday (advance notice would have been nice), I popped into Tesco for a few things and I had a look in the skirt section and found a skirt I've had my eye on reduced from £10 to £3, needless to say I bought it 8) :lol:
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: An impulse purchase

Post by skirtyscot »

Photos or it didn't happen!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

I think there's something wrong with my computer as I can't see your fabulous new skirt even though I'm logged in :roll:
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

kilty wrote:I think there's something wrong with my computer as I can't see your fabulous new skirt even though I'm logged in :roll:
Not taken one yet that's why :lol: :lol:
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

The new £3 skirt with the other halves knee high boots on...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Interesting, TB, that you can get into YOH's boots. How very convenient. I think Knee-highs need either a shorter or a flared skirt to look their best. Just my opinion.

My feet require canal barges (not narrow boats!). Inland waterways barges here may be up to 14feet wide, as we don't have any narrow canals. {Thread drift}

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Kirbstone wrote:Interesting, TB, that you can get into YOH's boots. How very convenient. I think Knee-highs need either a shorter or a flared skirt to look their best. Just my opinion.

My feet require canal barges (not narrow boats!). Inland waterways barges here may be up to 14feet wide, as we don't have any narrow canals. {Thread drift}

Tom
They were pinching a lot but I can walk in them though...
Btw my feet need a cross channel ferry :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have to collect an order from Marks and Spencer's in Oxford tomorrow, I know what I'm wearing to collect it... :wink:
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

So what you are saying then TB and KS is that you can both walk on top of snow without sinking into it? Must be nice to get out and around when everyone else is up to their kneecaps trying to get out of the house. :D :lol: :lol: :oops: :wink:
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Tackleberry wrote:Image

Looks smashing! Love the boots as well. :wink:
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

I just noticed that Tackleberry got Kitty bombed in the photo. The two cats look like they are very interested in having their picture taken.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

There are sales on around here at the moment. Nothing in ASDA. Primark had some possibles - a black swing dress with 3/4 sleeves was a possibility and at £2 it became even more attractive. Tried on a size 18, the biggest on the rack, but the T-shirt type material was so thin that my nipples were like organ stops and you could just about make out my chest hair. It was also a bit tight especially around the arms and armpits. So a no even despite the price. It just didn't look right. Next was basically a long T-shirt type dress with capped sleeves in a nice blue. This was £5 but possible. Again the material was similar to the black one and very thin.

Matalan had racks and racks of clothes at up to 50% off. All I could find was a denim button up black skirt with no price. Two bits of info needed - cost and did it fit. I went to checkout to determine price and was pleasantly surprised at £3.50. So I tried it on in the fitting room and it fit. So my latest purchase. I was disappointed in the dresses at Primark - right looks but the cheapness of the material let them down. :(
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I have been noticing fabrics and how thin they are this year. I suspect they will not hold up long in the wash.

DJ
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I guess that you get what you pay for. Not sure how well the materials would stand up to being washed, being so thin. Probably wrinkle badly. Disappointed but I don't regret not buying them.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:I guess that you get what you pay for. Not sure how well the materials would stand up to being washed, being so thin. Probably wrinkle badly. Disappointed but I don't regret not buying them.
I have a number of skirts that are extremely lightweight and have found that so long as you pay attention to the cleaning instructions they hold up quite well ( a few of these are almost 7 years old and get a lot of wear in the summer). Whatever you do, don't treat the lightweight stuff the same as you do the rest of our laundry!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Tackleberry wrote:Image

I am NOT disabling my AD BLOCKER to see your photobucket picture !

So is there another form version way to see the photo ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !