Here we go again - -

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Here we go again - -

Post by Uncle Al »

Two days ago our high temp was 56*F. Today the high was 23*F, :shaking:
COLD for North Texas. These temps were from my Indoor/Outdoor
thermometer. Low tomorrow morning is guesstimated at 6:00AM
to be 16*F. The 'twist' to this is by Tuesday, the temp is going up
to 60-70*F. The 'snow' was not bad but the Black Ice on the roads
is quite treacherous. Higher amounts of snow and freezing rain are
headed towards Dillon, Moon, Fred and anyone who lives in
the south-east. Virginia, W. Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., the
Carolina's up through Massachusetts. will be hit hard through the
weekend. Beware folks, stay warm! Keep your wood pile stocked up
as the fireplace may need to be used this weekend.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Here we go again - -

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well according to the weather witches on the boob tube. We are going to miss most of the snow but not the cold temps. They were saying 2 inches and now less than an inch and gone in 4 hours. This is in my neck of the Carolinas and Augusta GA. Your cold and snow mileage may vary. :hide: :rofl: :hide:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Been unusually cool up here in the Seattle area, too. Also has been quite sunny. Got about an inch of snow at the end of the year. For the most part, it's now just a dusting here and there, but, our driveway has remained somewhat snowy. Too thin and icy to shovel, however. Considered getting some salt, but, by tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon, it will be raining. So, some normalcy will be here soon. Anyway, Thursday afternoon, I went outside to one of our cars on the driveway. Apparently got onto a patch of black ice. For the first time in 27 years or so, wound up on my rearend. Unplanned banana split. Was wearing the flared denim knee-length skirt that I own. Kinda glad I did. If I'd been wearing the other denim skirt I frequently wear, I might've messed myself up even more than I did. As it stands, I twisted my right knee a bit and also cut it up on the former snow. So, it's a little sore, but not terribly so.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Eastern Long Island NY Temp is 23 F supposed to start snowing about 9 this am thru 9 tonight 8-10 inches expected. I don't care what else you wear skirts don't work with snow boots. :lol:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Yes, the Law of Gravity tends to be omnipresent and when the supports for one's corporation are removed for whatever reason, one tends to land with a thump and where the attached legs end up is anybody's guess. At the end of the Can-Can they all do the splits, but I dare say a little preparation for that would be indicated. :lol:

As per usual on this sainted Isle our daytime temps are in the early 50s F or about 12-13 deg C, Not much frost either, perhaps a degree or two on the odd morning. No white fluffy stuff anywhere. We've had remarkably little wind or rain lately either, so the presumption is that the Mid-Atlantic depressions are biding their time.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

They've downgraded us from a heavy snow to mostly sleet and freezing rain with some snow coming in later today, but only an inch or so expected here. My friends in the western end of the state have about 8 inches so far. It's to go back to 50F on Tuesday, but low 30s until then.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I measured 5 inches of snow on the picnic table this morning. It's beautiful. I'll get a photo up in a bit.

Tonight the temp is supposed to dip down to 7 degrees.

The needle on the propane tank is starting to move downward again. :blue:

But next week it gets back up into the 60's! :D
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

The scene this morning....

-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It's snowing pretty well here at the moment, and the NWS just upped the forecast to eleven inches. I went to the bother of showering and getting dressed to at least get lunch and beer, but got partway out of the driveway and thought to myself, "Why are you doing this?" and put my car back in the garage. I made myself some rice and left enough for supper, although I am contemplating making myself some spaghetti for dinner and may eat the rest of the rice as a snack this afternoon.

I am "in" until this mess is passed and the roads and driveway cleaned up.

I hate winter. But, I will try to get some shots of what it looks like, probably in the morning. It'll look worse that way. :twisted:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well the weather witches on the boob tube's crystal ball is broken again. Not so much as a flake cam down during the night and now the sun is shining and the temperature is in the mid 50's F. Supposed to get into the lower 20's F tonight and below 20 tomorrow night. I do not like winter and when I decided to stay in the sunny warm South after I got out of the service, I thought it was a good idea only I should have gone further South. :lol:
Last edited by Fred in Skirts on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I just ventured outside to unwedge the bird-feeder that likely keeps many of the local songbirds alive this time of year. It had frozen solid and no seed could be had by the birds. It's not my responsibility, but what the heck, I noticed it I might as well fix it. That's how I roll; it's the engineer in me.

There's already close to four inches on the ground which was surprising because it didn't look that deep. I am so glad that I'm inside where it's warm and dry.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

The best thing about snow, is that it makes my yard look as good as the neighbors who spend big money on maintaining theirs!

Of course, that also is about the only good thing about snow.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

With a wind chill of 2 degrees F I decided to "do something."

Pulled on fleece-lined tights AND fleece-lined leggings, put my turtle-neck tank top on, then a white sweater, then my sweater dress, then a Hilfiger wind-breaker and then a fleece-lined Old Navy hooded jacket, and gloves.

Went to Kroger and got some supplies 3 pounds of roast meat, frozen veggies, cheese, butter, bread, etc. Came home via White Castle and got out of the shoes and into house slippers and put stuff up, ate the double cheeseburger and fries while getting the crock pot started. Decided not to add potatoes, but will ad some diced carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and yellow squash. Used some butternut squash noodles last crock pot and they were pretty good, so I'll give this mixture a shot, but without the potatoes and corn (<sigh> two of my favorite things). Plan is a low-carb, medium-to-high protein pot I can make several meals out of and brown-bag it to work so I can get into that size 12 I saw at Kohl's yesterday that looks so good on the manikin. 8)

I've a heavier midi skirt I may wear tomorrow and/or Monday. OTOH I *love* these sweater dresses. Gets my "best, all-around award." So far.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Look Darryl we expect the truth in your postings.. There is no way that you went to White Castle and only bought 1 double cheeseburger. :lol:
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

For those of you that don't live in the deep South! (AKA: Alabama) :rofl: :rofl: :hide:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.