Most "Freestyle" outfit you've worn in public

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Most "Freestyle" outfit you've worn in public

Post by skirtyscot »

I have argyle pattern tights, and they certainly do raise a few eyebrows. The black grey and white ones are pretty damn surprising to most people; the blue and turquoise ones even more so! But they're not very comfortable to wear, so they rarely see the light of day.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

SkirtsDad wrote:
dillon wrote:That's seriously daring, SkirtsDad. Please post more.
Happy to oblige but can't promise they'll all be as daring. This one only had a short outing to the bus stop to wait for my best friend who was coming for lunch. We would often have a night on the town together, and she would sometimes borrow my skirts.
Such a great outfit :ugeek: though it's too hot for tights at the moment :mrgreen:
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

My most freestyle outfit was a beaded and sequined special occasion dress I borrowed from a friend at church. It's black so I wore black hose and black patent leather heels with a strap and fake jewel on the front. The special occasion was the annual fund-raising auction at the school I used to work for.
The Fund-Raising manager told everyone afterwards that I was "the belle of the ball," as my friend who lent me the dress said I would be.
My avatar shows the bodice. Sometime I'll post the full-length shot another friend of mine took of me.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Dave, that sounds like a winner indeed. Looking forward to the picture. I've not worn a dress out in public yet. Actually I haven't even found a dress that i'd wear out in public yet. I have a few I wear around the house though.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Thank you Gordon. Except when I'm working dresses are about all that I wear, both at home and in public. Take the plunge my friend, the water's fine!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Forgot to mention that I wore the outfit below on a trip to the Philadelphia Museum of Art late last month: a black blouse with a printed skirt, open toed black pumps with four inch heels, a black handbag and a strand of pearls. One of my fancier freestyling outfits that felt good to wear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.