On crossdressing

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Re: On crossdressing

Post by jamodu »

moonshadow wrote: So does wearing a skirt make me gay? You betcha!
When the topic of first discussing our alternative clothing choices with wives or girlfriends, their initial reaction (according to the typical 'help' websites for women) focuses on whether their husband or boyfriend is 'gay'.

If such wives or girlfriends were to read this topic of conversation, and saw 'moonshadow's' claim, above, they would probably feel justified in accusing their husband or boyfriend of being gay.

Clearly, this isn't necessarily true - but the comment, above, is very unhelpful to say the least. Most of us have experienced women's logic: they only have to read one unfavourable quote on a topic such as this to reach the wrong conclusion.

Most men on this forum would likely claim to be 100% heterosexual, but with a preference for wearing some items of women's clothes - such as skirts and/or dresses, for example.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well excuse the hell out of me. Im done here
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote:Well excuse the hell out of me. Im done here

Take a break from here for awhile you're upset and lashing out on everyone.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

jamodu wrote:...If such wives or girlfriends were to read this topic of conversation,
and saw 'moonshadow's' claim, above, they would probably feel
justified in accusing their husband or boyfriend of being gay...
and thus, jamodu, you've proven his point about taking comments OUT OF CONTEXT.
When I was much younger, GAY meant Happy, Joyful, having a good time with friends
and family
. You, sir, have used only part of his comment. If you want to read a book,
you don't read ONLY the middle chapter and understand the entire book.
You must read the entire book to reach full understanding of the authors intent.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Uncle Al wrote:
jamodu wrote:...If such wives or girlfriends were to read this topic of conversation,
and saw 'moonshadow's' claim, above, they would probably feel
justified in accusing their husband or boyfriend of being gay...
and thus, jamodu, you've proven his point about taking comments OUT OF CONTEXT.
When I was much younger, GAY meant Happy, Joyful, having a good time with friends
and family
. You, sir, have used only part of his comment. If you want to read a book,
you don't read ONLY the middle chapter and understand the entire book.
You must read the entire book to reach full understanding of the authors intent.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :mrgreen:

Thank you Uncle Al I am sure Moon will appreciate that. I totally agree don't judge a book by it's cover without reading what it's even about!
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

moonshadow, i wasn't disagreeing with you and i did actually get the point of your post and when i posted that i'm just me, i meant that as in the way i think of myself and i am aware that that others will probably consider me as a crossdresser or trans and possibly even gay, people like to put others in a box , a litle filing cabinet in their heads ... 'a man in a skirt, i'll file that under crossdresser' for example.

Every one will have their own catorgories for men wearing skirts, for some we will be crossdressers, for others we will be a transvestie or transgender, and some will just think of us as gay, the point i was trying to make in my post was that regardless of which box they put me in i don't really care because i know that i'm just me and don't really fit any of those boxes but if they wish to put me there in their own heads then fine, i can live with that because i don't care
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Moon, you just happened to touch on a theme that has been discussed ad nauseum for years, and everyone has an opinion. I understood well that you are not a crossdresser; nor am I. You need to realize that there are crossdressers and transgender individuals who are on this site. Also there is a world of unenlightened people out there who would dump us all together in a single very negative hole. My comments were aimed at building community while still calling attention to the fact that we have a very broad spectrum of interest represented here, and a lot of sensitivities.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Rev Paul

Post by Rev Paul »

Going back 40+ years ago in college taking the basic psychology courses for require degree work it always came up at the end of the semester when trying to get through the material was crossdressing. I always thought it was and the way it was made to sound was guys wearing women's clothing. Nothing was said about wig makeup etc. It was just briefly touched on and move on the the next quick subject and move on from there. No one took the time to ask questions or start a discussion but looking back on it now 40 years later it probably should have be to clarify it better.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

i got hollered at on here for introducing myself here as a crossdresser. i am a man that wears female attire. some everyday and some on occassion. i will leave it at that. i do consider myself to be a cd. but i am not trying to id myself as a woman.
anyways, however a person views themselves is true to that person. it works if you work it.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Two people can do exactly the same thing for different reasons.

A crossdresser wears a skirt which he perceives to be women's clothing, a non-crossdresser wears a skirt which he perceives to be genderless clothing. If you see a man in a skirt, it does not tell you whether or not he is a crossdresser.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

grlyboy wrote:i got hollered at on here for introducing myself here as a crossdresser. i am a man that wears female attire. some everyday and some on occassion. i will leave it at that. i do consider myself to be a cd. but i am not trying to id myself as a woman.
anyways, however a person views themselves is true to that person. it works if you work it.
I also wear women's clothing from head to toe, skirts, tops, shoes, jewelry, even handbags on my outings, but I don't identify or categorize myself as a crossdresser since I have no desire whatsoever to wear makeup, wigs or padded bras. I wear the clothing and accessories strictly as a man, in that particular vein, I call myself a "fashion freestyler" which describes me perfectly. Of course, to some, obsessing over titles and definitions isn't worth the time or trouble, at the end of the day, we're just people, plain and simple.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

JeffB1959 wrote:at the end of the day, we're just people, plain and simple
Nice!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

JeffB1959 wrote:...we're just people, plain and simple.
There is nothing simple about people; even those described as such are extraordinarily complex. Although it would make life easier if people were plain and simple, it would also make things rather dull...

I must see if I can still fined my t-shirt with the slogan

"I am not a number, I am a free man wierdo."

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Actually.... in light of the big picture, when compared to the vastness of the cosmos, while we may consider ourselves complicated and maybe even somewhat advanced, we are still making the observation from inside the fish bowl. From the outside looking in though I'd bet the human race would be considered rather simple and quite predictable.

But I could be wrong.
-Andrea
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw; Everyone is some else's weirdo.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon