Hi

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Sasha

Hi

Post by Sasha »

Hello.

Thought I better introduce myself :) skirt loving guy here living in the North of England. I love most types of skirts but I have to be honest and admit that I do particularly adore the girliest styles! I have a particular desire to wear the short pleated type, if you live in the uk and are of a certain age you will recall the traditional wrap around box pleat netball style that used to be around! Navy blue is my favourite colour and I have several. They are great to wear in the warmer months and are so comfortable and easy to adjust. That said I also have several knee length skirts that are more figure hugging but personally I do not feel they are as comfortable.
If any one fancies a chat please get in touch! I am a chilled out kinda guy and glad I found this site.
Sasha
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi

Post by Caultron »

Hi, Sasha, and welcome to the group!

Where do you wear your skirts?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Caultron wrote:Where do you wear your skirts?
Around his waist, I am guessing...

Just kidding, LOL :lol:

Welcome, Sasha.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi Sasha - I live just a bit further north than you in Edinburgh. So welcome to this site from the land beyond Hadrian's wall!

I have been to Newcastle and its environs quite a few times (footie as well as for work) and have met up with another skirted guy a couple of times who lived near there during the week. Where abouts in NE England do you come from?

I too like short skirts and have none longer than knee-length, my longest (and most expensive!) being a traditional tartan kilt.

Ross
Last edited by skirtingtoday on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

Hi Sasha and welcome. Like Skirtingtoday I live in the Edinburgh area, although unlike him my skirts (at least the ones I wear in public) are all knee length or longer.

Being Scots I also sometimes wear kilts, although my experience of wearing one in Sunderland means in future I'll probably confine wearing them to Scotland!

Donald.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Hi and thanks for the replies,

I generally wear my skirts around the house but I also wear them in the garden. I could not really get away with wearing them anywhere else due the the style of skirt I like I guess.

I do have a couple of tartan style skirts but they are far too short to even think they could be a kilt.

Sasha
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Hello Sasha,

You're in good company! I've got a couple of below the knee "girly" skirts myself.

Enjoy your stay here, look forward to hearing more from you.

-Moon
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Hello Sasha I am Moonshadow's wife. It's nice to meet you. Looking forward to reading your post and getting to know you. Welcome to the forums!
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Sasha,

Good to meet you here.

Despite your feeling that your preferred style of skirt might gather too much of the wrong sort of attention if you were to wear them out and about, I suspect that you'd find that few people really care, provided you maintain a modicum of decency. You don't say whether you have worn any of your longer skirts in the bigger world but if not I suggest that you try it (in your own good time of course) you will probably be as surprised as all the rest of us when you discover that the sky is still up and the earth still turning...

Have fun,

Ian.

(The other skirted guy that Ross mentioned meeting when I was working in the Northeast a couple of years ago).
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingseattle

Post by skirtingseattle »

Sasha,

I have worn 12" drop miniskirts in public with no problems. I think the shorter skirts have the advantage that the silhouette is not as noticeable as a 20 - 24" drop kilt. I think subconsciously, most people think I am wearing shorts. These miniskirts were not bright in colors or adorned with lace, but more muted colors and heavier fabrics and looked quite sporting.

I have worn ladies kilts (black watch) with a 16" drop in public on many occasions and have received a number of compliments. I my experience, the longer the skirt, the more noticeably different your profile looks when walking down the street. However, during commute times, on the subways and trains in London, people are so close they almost never have the opportunity to see what you are wearing.

If you are thinking about wearing in public, you will find quite a lot of advice on when and how and where to do so for the first time on this forum.

Chris
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I'm a bit different than Skirtingseattle. Nearly all the skirts I were out, including to work, are bottom of the knee to mid calf length (25" - 30"). To be frank, I don't look around to see if I'm getting any reaction and don't recall many reactions from people walking toward me. On the days that I've worn to work I've ridden my usual bus both ways. The only verbal responses I can remember were from woman, usually along the lines of "I like your look".
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco