Most "Freestyle" outfit you've worn in public

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Most "Freestyle" outfit you've worn in public

Post by rick401r »

The most freestyle outfit I've worn in public did not involve a skirt. I was participating in a charity walk where men wear women's high heels and walk a mile in them I wore a pair of women's skinny jeans and a pair of knee-high leather boots with a 3 1/2 inch heel.
479875_432718090139334_68021135_n - Copy2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Wore this outfit on a trip to the Philadelphia Museum of Art yesterday. The weather was nice and the place was packed. No one gave me so much as the time of day about how I was attired, heck, I even spent a solid five minutes chatting with an older lady about European tapestries from the 16th century, wondering if they had been displayed or walked upon. I spent three hours at the museum and had a great time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I like it Jeff.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I have recently worn the following - the first at a mini-meet with another skirted fellow (including the blue tights) :shock: and the second one to a local foodstore a couple of times (ie no tights). Hardly Freestyle nor "racy" but I am happy with the looks.
IMAG2001-reduced.jpg] [attachment=1]IMAG2001-reduced.jpg
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Well Jeff, that's a whole lot more freestyle than I've ever gone to a museum in (or to be perfectly honest, any place :wink: ).
I went to the deYoung museum here about a month ago in a black mid-calf length full skirt to see a traveling exhibit of works by JMW Turner. Since traveling exhibits like this tend to be crowded and dimly lit, it's quite possible that no one noticed the skirt. I did walk through several other galleries of the permanent collection to see if anything new had been hung. Since it is a mile plus walk each way to the museum, I wore sandals instead of your heels.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

According to MOH ANY outfit that included a skirt would be considered freestyle. I am also interested in tops sold in the other aisle that aren't overtly feminine so soon the majority of what I wear would be retailed as female without my wanting to appear as a woman. Aren't things complicated?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

skirted_in_SF: Well, my outing was in broad daylight so the world could see me. That's just the way I roll. And the garage I parked at was only a city block away from the museum, so the walk there and back in my heels was no problem.

Sinned: It's not complicated at all to me. I have a personal mantra when it comes to my freestyling: "I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman". To that end, I plan to buy and wear more openly feminine tops like what I sported on my museum visit to go with my skirts in the future.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I wouldn't worry a bit about visiting an art museum, art gallery, art fair, or art district of any kind wearing a skirt or anything else you like.

In the world of art, eccentricity is profoundly normal.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

This is the most freestyle I have worn, typical format (many more pictures on my web site) and these pictures were taken mid August 2015 at tourist attractions in the UK.
01.JPG
02.JPG
I prefer my small Backpack as it takes anything I need to carry including at times my 12inch Tablet. Open sandals are great, wear them as soon as I can at the start of the year and until it freezes or we get persistent winter rain. Then its standard men shoes and plain tights. I'm not into heels, neither is my wife. She prefers flat shoes, but with me being a size 12 (UK) even if I preferred shoes labelled by society as womens it's just not possible! At the end of the day I say you like it, you wear it, it makes no difference to me. I judge people on personality and behaviour in life.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Nice outfits, SkirtedMan. They both suit you well.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

JeffB1959 wrote:Nice outfits, SkirtedMan. They both suit you well.
Thanks but it has a negative reaction to some of the public, always women embracing their freedom of choice which of course we cannot comment upon or behave like them! Then it is being sexist mysogyny etc.

Thankfully a very small minority. I always think of the blog I came across about go ahead criticise me and is on my site. This is the link to the original source: http://www.matthewdicks.com/matthewdick ... thing.html

To long to type out here but it sums up society very well.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

JeffB1959 wrote:"I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman".
For me at least, and I think a good portion of the forum, that would be better rephrased:

"I don't want to /look/ like a woman, I just want to appropriate some styles and wardrobe elements that women have had exclusive use of for the last century or few."
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Most "freestyle" outfit has been a grey pencil skirt with knee length heels worn with brown tights, with a matching grey top. Worn to a popular shopping centre in London. No real reactions, surprising as I wasn't in 'invisible denim '. An 'androgynous' haircut plus large hoop earrings helped, and just a dash of makeup. With popular characters like UK X Factor singer Seann Miley Moore, who dresses the same, people around here have seen it all :wink:
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

i went to pump some gas and i dropped into the dollar store wearing this. i am new at the public thing so i am taking baby steps
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Baby steps? In that outfit? In Alabama?

As a guy that's been wearing skirts full time for quite some time now, if you consider that baby steps, I can't wait to see what happens when you break into a run!

I think it's quite neat outfit, and looks pretty damn comfortable. I'm not sure I would feel at all confident wearing it though.