Most "Freestyle" outfit you've worn in public

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
ShayneM.88

Most "Freestyle" outfit you've worn in public

Post by ShayneM.88 »

I'm curious to see pictures of some of your freestyle fashion ideas. I'd like to see specifically some outfits that ya'all have worn including dresses, tights, pantyhose, and women's shoes/jewelry. Please also include what type of activities you were doing with each outfit.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Most "Freestyle" outfit you've worn in public

Post by dillon »

I'm afraid my fashions wouldn't strike you as wild or experimental. I did recently break my own mold, though. I am known for wearing a lot of black, gray, tan, etc., and not usually anything colorful. But my last two skirts are pretty brightly colored and patterned. I will post photos when I take them.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

This is about as far as I've gone until this point...

Photo taken late in the day last January. Ran some errands this way, but usually had the jacket zipped up. Strapless knit dress with a fleece jacket and a down vest. Striped kneesocks and hiking shoes. No jewelry, no makeup, no attempt to go any farther. Dress has surprisingly useful pockets, so will be worn this summer while out hiking, instead of a shirt/skirt combo. Supposed to be quite warm and dry in the Seattle area, so the less worn, the better. The adjacent photo in the photoset on flickr shows what the outfit looks without the jacket or vest. I also plan to wear this on a roadtrip next week to Portland, OR.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

You've clearly got some cojones stashed under that hemline, John! Two thumbs up!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Definitely not in public. I live in an extremely conservative, rural small town where everybody knows everything about you and there is zero tolerance for deviating outside of community standards. My wife is the only person who ever has to endure my odd choices.

Anyhow, here's the answer to your first question.
Ralph!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Probably my brighter tights. The red ones see a reasonable amount of wear, to my choir practices or just around town. The orange ones get out less often, for they are a bit uncomfortable to wear. See my pics thread for details!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

I've worn some pretty outlandish o0utfits in various places but alas i don't have any pictures, there are a few of me on holiday in Lanzarote wearing various skirts and dresses which you can see here >> http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 69&t=17468, and only tonight i was out at a gig wearing a goth black fishtail corset dress but alas no photos again, i really must get some pics to share on this forum
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Check the Nukilt on pics and looks, as far as I'm aware it is still unique.
Steve.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

An ankle length silk broomstick skirt that I wore to a pedicure appointment one (rare) warm afternoon in SF. It was a bear to keep under control in the usual wind in this town and the eddies at the intersections. I walk 2.5 miles each way for my appointments. I did get one compliment on it from a woman at the salon and I only dunked it a little bit in the foot bath. 8)
It is this one:
http://wintersilks.blair.com/p/women/dr ... 3/9006.uts
Though I can't remember if it was my blue or red one.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I am not into dresses or jewellery or woman's shoes so could be considered a dead loss in terms of "freestyle".

I just go as fas as tartan kilt, UK's and skirts from 13.5" long to 19". I don't wish to wear anything below the knee.

My most "racy" one is one I have just purchased (e-bay) and like a lot is this one. (although pic is takeninside, I have worn it out in public as well)
IMAG1999-reduced.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Crazyman

Post by Crazyman »

I've been out dressed up 100% in women's clothing and I do have photos to prove it, I just can't seem to figure out how you can post photos to this site. Must be something to do with "Linux," or whatever.
My girlfriend wants me to wear lipstick more often, but just like wearing skirts, it's the issue of practicality. I smoke a lot and by the time I finish my 4th cigarette the lipstick from the central portion of my mouth is gone, with only the edges remaining and that just doesn't look good.
I have a huge advantage in that not only do I look feminine, but I also look like I'm still in my 20s despite being 49. People ask me all the time as to what I eat, what vitamins I take and so on. I can tell you that I have no idea why I look the way I do. I do take a multivitamin every day and I eat a lot of cheese, and that's about it. As to which cheeses I eat I'd say mostly Leerdamer, Grunlander, Emmental, and Gouda.
Back when I was a college professor one of my students actually demanded to see my ID, so I showed it to the whole class. I mean, if I was in my 20s I don't know where I'd get the experience to be teaching Structured Finance at a major university. Needless to say, the questions were typical: what do I eat, how long do I sleep, etc. I don't sleep much, typically 4-5 hours a night because I'm constantly communicating with friends all over the planet. This, of course includes Australia which is +10 hours from me, so as soon as all my US friends fall asleep, my Australian friends wake up.
I guess you could say that I'm the most free thinking (and free dressing) man on the planet. Back when I had my stroke in 2009 I absolutely couldn't figure out how to put on a pair of pants. Couldn't. Instead, I just wrapped a tablecloth around me and went uphill to the square to buy my cigarettes. The whole time I was thinking: didn't the ancient Romans, the most advanced technological culture for the time wear togas as well? I had some really strange thoughts at that time as well. I was convinced that I was an alien living on an alien planet speaking an alien language.
In reality, you are all sacred beings living on a sacred planet.
And No one has the "right" to tell you how you can or cannot dress. Even if you live in a Muslim country.
You think any real God cares how you dress or what kind of shoes you are wearing?
God only wants you to realise His kingdom here on earth, i.e. be yourself, and wear whatever you want to.
God only wants you to be joyful, beautiful, and free.
And just like I tend to see the role of government as being behindered by politics,
So too is the role of any real realisation of God by religion.
God has no religion.
Which kind of reminds me of why not make the whole wearing of feminine clothes by men a religious thing?
Like why not?
The God of the universe does not care what you look like.
He/She/It does not care if you're Black, White, or any other beautiful colour in between.
All persons are equal under God because they are all created by God.
The only people who will persecute you will be the Satanists who are masking as Christians or Islamists.
You may ask: who is a satanist?
A satanist is anyone who is against humankind, a particular person, and/or the plants or the animals of our sacred planet.
Fukushima would be an example of pure satanism.
Did we wote for that? Have we endorsed it? NO!
If you really want to tell the powers that be that you no longer respect them, then wearing a skirt in public is definitely a start. So if you're hanging out in Downtown Lux and you see a guy wearing a dress or just my Melanies? That 's me! And PLEASE take pictures and post them anywhere you want to.

I love you all,

CraZyman.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I freestyle head to toe in women's clothes ALL the time: tops, bottoms, shoes, even purses. This is one my more extravagant outfits (at least for me), especially when it comes to the skirt which has a slit on both sides! And yeah, those are pearls I'm wearing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Jeff there's nothing wrong with pearls. I have some I wear once in a while. I'm going to get some pearl stud earrings to go with it.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Heck, I'm wearing pearls right now (and have all day). My jewelery maker is supposed to deliver my pearl studs (to match the necklace I bought from her months ago) tomorrow (Friday). But, she's been promising them for a week and a half. :wink:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
thecritic06

Post by thecritic06 »

I went to the nearby supermarket today wearing a short black panel dress and tights. Much as I anticipated, I was hugely nervous but nothing really happened apart from a little awkwardness with the cashier, who I'm pretty friendly with. I want to start wearing some makeup and want to buy more things other than skirts, though it's hard to find anything that looks okay on people with no boobs and a skinny arse like me because of darts in the patterns. I really need to quit biting my nails so I can use the concrete-effect varnish I bought. Maybe I'll pick up a sewing machine so I can start altering things to fit me well.