This one hit home

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

This one hit home

Post by rick401r »

This story of a young boy who is transgendered is set in my little village. I do not know these folks although my kids or grandkids may know them.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/20 ... /23697339/
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: This one hit home

Post by JohnH »

I can certainly empathize with Isaiah (Zay) in the article. Back when I was growing up in the 1950's and '60's it was taken for granted a person would assume the birth gender for the rest of his/her life. So I grew up male, my birth gender, and since I have been a male for so long, I will remain one. However, I am on estrogen therapy and I do not have the depression, suicidal thoughts, nor the heavy consumption of alcohol. I have developed breasts, something I have always wanted, the body fat distribution is feminine along with the softer skin and body hair becoming a fine vellus.

My voice still remains a deep bass, and when I wake up in the morning I sound like Sylvester Stalone. Otherwise I sound like a cross between Johnny Cash and Joe Friday of Dragnet. And my singing voice extends down to Bb below the bass staff. I do not want to raise the pitch of my voice.

So I regard myself as a two-spirited individual as I do not want to abandon my masculine side. And yet, I do not have an alternate name for real life such as Johanna. I wore the dress and heels (not shown) shown in my avatar for Halloween to work and to go to the supermarket. Nothing else was changed since I wear lipstick and eye makeup for business and church. I have hair that hangs below my shoulders so I never wear a wig. At church I play in the band (bass guitar) and sing bass.

Of all the forum I participate in this is the one I feel most at home.

John
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Nice story. I'm glad she is on the road to realizing her gender destiny, and I hope the road will be a smooth one.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

What has this to do with skirts?
Are out garments not genderless?
Should be "off topic" perhaps?

Martin
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I think advocacy is ok for the thread. Since some here may be dually gendered or misengendered, psychologically, makes it at least somewhat pertinent to advocacy.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...