Hi from Outback Australia

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Hi from Outback Australia

Post by denimini »

I am delighted to have moused my way into this forum.

I live in a hot arid area and find great comfort in wearing a denim mini as much as I can through summer. I don't wear them in public - yet. Where I live it is a case of no-one knows or everyone knows, so it is a big step. I might start wearing the mini in more anonymous areas first.
I wear the mini instead of the short shorts that I used to - actually I never wore them in town either. I find the mini cooler and great freedom of movement, especially compared to close fitting shorts when squatting or climbing on scaffold. Skirts are probably no less discreet than loose legged shorts on ladders. I always used to bend my legs when picking something up to prevent back strain, so that is not new to me.
So much of my life I have missed most of the joy of a cool breeze.

I only discovered the miniskirt when my female partner bought me one. She said "Now you can do all those jobs for me ....." because I used to respond to her requests by "I will do it in a minnie" or "I will be there in a minnie" and then I would take ages or forget. Sadly she has since passed away from cancer.

Now I have many miniskirts, mainly denim with pockets. I wear them working at the computer, gardening, mechanical work, stonework and driving the 400 kms trip to get supplies.
I was wearing a minskirt on another longer trip, feeling confident that I could change, like superman, before I got to my destination, however I didn't anticipate the situation at the quarantine stop where the lady asked me to open my Esky in the back of the ute, requiring a long reach in!

Thanks all here for boosting my confidence in extending my range of comfortable, sensible clothing.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi from Outback Australia

Post by Grok »

Welcome! :D
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

denimini wrote:...I only discovered the miniskirt when my female partner bought me one. She said "Now you can do all those jobs for me ....." because I used to respond to her requests by "I will do it in a minnie" or "I will be there in a minnie" and then I would take ages or forget...
Had you been wearing skirts before your partner bought you the mini? And if not, how did she know you'd like it?

Or was buying the skirt and "making" you wear it a domination move?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Welcome to the forum. I think Cltrn that the skirt was a play on the phoneme "mini". He was saying that he would be there in a "Minnie" ( minute ) and she would be thinking of a mini ( skirt ). So probably in a moment of playfulness she bought him a miniskirt. Or that's what I would guess anyway.

Oh how I wish, I just wish, that MOH would "force" me to wear a skirt outside! :evil:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi denimini and welcome to the forum. Great that you have found the freedom to wear what you want. 8) :D

I too prefer miniskirts though I do have some longer skirted garments. the longest ones (a kilt and a couple of Utilitikilts) just above knee-length. And my shortest one is about 13.5" long which is soooooooo comfortable. As "sinned" says, I don't see MOH ever buying me one or "forcing" one onto me. :(

One of my earliest realisations that a man CAN wear a skirt was actually from Oz - see this video link at the Humpty-Doo hotel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaC_TCf788c
Last edited by skirtingtoday on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Thanks all for the nice welcome.

Yes, caultron, "in a minnie" meant In a minute or very soon. My partner, in a good natured manner, was hinting that I never got to do things soon enough.

Sorry to disappoint but I wasn't forced to wear it - I was very willing but a bit shy about it.

I never tried a miniskirt before that and I was an instant convert. Unfortunately the mini she bought me was a bit tight around the waist so I never wore it much, despite her complaints "don't you like that mini I bought you? ...... you never wear it".
I eventually bought one that fitted better and now I wear them as often as possible - in fact quite resentful when I feel I have to wear something else..

Thanks skirtingtoday, Interesting video, I hadn't seen that before - a landscape and demographics similar to where I live. Nice skirt though, about the length I would be prepared to wear in public. I think the tartan would be a good start to go public with because of the Scottish cultural heritage that most people are aware of ....... and accept.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

denimini wrote:?..Yes, caultron, "in a minnie" meant In a minute or very soon. My partner, in a good natured manner, was hinting that I never got to do things soon enough...
Ah, that explains it.

You're fortunate to have such an accepting and adventuresome partner, though. That's a rare find!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

Great to hear from another Aussie. Denim miniskirts are particularly suited to the hot summers here. You are right that minis are surprisingly modest - see my video under Pics an Looks in the Hike and Headwound posting. Even from a low angle there is nothing to be seen - and I was commando at that point because I my underwear was stuffed in my hat to staunch the wound! You might also notice that I sewed larger pockets on it to hold a wallet and smartphone. I took them off some old jeans. Much prefer it wear skirts and kilts out and about town now.

Rod
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Thanks Rod

Yes, another Aussie mini wearer - for the same reasons. But gee, going commando in a mini is testing the visibility issue, although through necessity at the time.
I am sorry but I can't find Pics & Looks to view your video.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Ahhh, Pics and Looks appears on my menu now. All good.
I must post some myself.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

denimini wrote:Ahhh, Pics and Looks appears on my menu now. All good.
I must post some myself.
I believe you had to do a minimum number of moderated posts before you receive a full membership. The number appears to be five.
All in the name of keeping bots and trolls off the site.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

skirted_in_SF wrote: I believe you had to do a minimum number of moderated posts before you receive a full membership. The number appears to be five.
All in the name of keeping bots and trolls off the site.
Thanks, that makes sense and I certainly support that idea.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Yes, what a great find in a partner that supports you :D
denimini wrote:...Sadly she has since passed away from cancer...
I don't know how long ago this took place, but a few of us have lost
loved ones and share your pain at the loss. But each time you wear
a "Mini", you're presenting a tribute to her memory :D

Oh my, I almost forgot......:welcome:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Thanks Uncle Al for the kind thoughts about my loss - 18 months ago.

Also thanks for the Welcome.