Man-skirt day! 1st June 2014

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
orthohawk

Re: Man-skirt day! 1st June 2014

Post by orthohawk »

Sinned wrote:Not encouraging. When I read part of the article to MOH all I got back was "Go to LA or London then." So no support for any proposition to wear a skirt in support of this. Case closed as far as she is concerned.
Tell YOH that if she expects to get away with dictating YOUR sartorial life, then you will be showing her the same "courtesy".
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

orthohawk wrote:Tell YOH that if she expects to get away with dictating YOUR sartorial life, then you will be showing her the same "courtesy".
Whilst there is some logic to that, and perhaps the promise of some satisfaction, I can say from experience that it won't work in the long run and will just get the guy lined up for some more serious "head games" going forward.

Women are vastly superior to men when it comes to psychological warfare. The only defence is to leave as few openings as possible -- that, or remain single.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I agree with Crl in that we are NOT dealing with logic here but with an emotional response and no amount of logic will ever counter that. This has been discussed in other threads so I won't go further with this here. I've just bought a skirt off ebay - a blue/grey tartan pleated skirt ( not a kilt ) and I got the accusing "I see you've been buying again." I just said "Sure." Don't think she was best pleased. Anyway the postage was three times the cost of the skirt. I do need to thin out my collection as I really have too many. On holiday to Hurghada next month and will be taking some skirts with me to wear. My intention is to wear them even if I have to eat on my own!!!! :cry:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Yeah women, some of them may be sweat tender and cute but if ya cannot reason with them, it is pointless to engage with them. :shock: Delicate appearance, tender cheek but no women-child for me, though. :evil:
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Me too I guess, but the women I know are all very positive towards me in my skirts/dresses, even if they are never seen in them themselves.
Every day should be skirt day in my opinion.

As an aside, here is my dreaded Facebook page, a repository for all sorts of stuff irrelevent elswhere that I get a kick out of:
https://www.facebook.com/murray.dick.52?ref=tn_tnmn