The Bridge wins 99.9% of the time

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Bridge wins 99.9% of the time

Post by Jack Williams »

I certainly enjoyed that video! Sorry for the truckies of course, but no danger to life or limb though.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Jack Williams wrote:I certainly enjoyed that video! Sorry for the truckies of course, but no danger to life or limb though.
There sure would be if the driver (and any passengers) were not buckled in.
On the larger (taller) trucks upon striking the bridge notice how the front wheels come off the roadway and the forward motion is stopped.
The driver and passengers would have been thrown into the windshield (UK windscreen) and the driver into the steering wheel - maybe air bag going off ?
For the smaller trucks able to drive thru - got to be some kind of retarded motion briefly maybe interrupting his cell phone call or spilling
his beverage.

And I wonder how many just keep on driving leaving the scene of an accident ?

Hey boss that new truck - I didn't know that you got the convertible model !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

This one. I've come across it before, and yes, I too laughed at some of them. Nasty for inattentive drivers, and there is a description of the issues Carl noted, and one of the issues I didn't note him mentioning clearly here with overly bold warnings is that the right turn visible in the videos /is/ a valid, safe, and used route for the trucks that hit that bridge. No time/space to stop drivers who continue past that turn. Ouch, but that's the way it is.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"