An experiment from Wisterman

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
wsherman
Member Extraordinaire

An experiment from Wisterman

Post by wsherman »

I'm trying something new! I'm seeing if I can post from my iPod. Let me know if you see anything strange. Thanks all. Line break Bill and Sir Brinkley
"In a logical world men would ride sidesaddle." The Late Paul Harvey

I.D.I.C. "Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination" Vulcan philosophy from Star Trek TOS
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: An experiment from Wisterman

Post by crfriend »

Hi Bill! The post came across quite naturally and well, save for the (I'm guessing) spoken command of "line break" which got spelled out, and then your usual tag-line appeared on the same line as the rest of the post.

My guess is that you're dictating, which means that the device either missed the intent of the command or did not apply it correctly in the idiom of the forum. The forum treats single "carriage returns" (remember those from the days of typewriters where there was a paddle involved?) as line breaks and, by convention, two "carriage returns" mark the beginning of a new paragraph, much the same way that two spaces following a period (a full stop) mark the beginning of a new sentence. It turns out that proper indentation of new paragraphs is ignored, much to this old-school type's disgust.

Is there something wrong with Sir Brinkley this evening? Usually he's exuberant.

By the by, congratulations for trying something new. If none of us did that we'd still be trussed up in trousers!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
wsherman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: An experiment from Wsherman

Post by wsherman »

Thank-you for the feedback! I'm doing this one via the computer so I'm back in the comfort zone! LOL!

I'll keep working at it until things are a bit more comfortable.

I hadn't realized the dictation had placed "line breakk" as literal words of the text until you pointed it out I shall be more careful in future.

As to Brinkley he's fine I just was trying not to get complicated you'll notice that I did not add Slainte' as is my custom either. Scery can get things really messed up as it is without confusing "her" more than need be! "grin"

Again thanks for the feedback! I'm sure there will be more postings from iPod/iPhone-ville.

Untill next time

Slainte'
Bill & Sir Brinkley the Exubrant! :D
"In a logical world men would ride sidesaddle." The Late Paul Harvey

I.D.I.C. "Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination" Vulcan philosophy from Star Trek TOS