A Play on words/acronyms-Is a MUG a mug?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

A Play on words/acronyms-Is a MUG a mug?

Post by Uncle Al »

OK - - :twisted: Here goes :D

In another thread there is the discussion of a 1997 Coffee MUG with pictures
of members from Tom's Cafe' on it. The pictures are displaying guys wearing
MUGs - a Mug with pictures of Mugs. :hide: (avoiding the flying veggies)

Anyway :hide: would any patrons of Skirt Cafe' be willing to offer their picture
for a large Coffee Mug :?: Subliminal advertising/suggestion at its best for
getting MIS/K into the public's eye & mind :D

A great conversation starter when sharing morning coffee with friends at work.

Your thoughts :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Milfmog

Re: A Play on words/acronyms-Is a MUG a mug?

Post by Milfmog »

Uncle Al wrote:...would any patrons of Skirt Cafe' be willing to offer their picture
for a large Coffee Mug :?:
I really like the idea and would be perfectly happy for any of the pictures I've posted in the "Pics and looks" section to be used.

Who else would be up for contributing a picture to a mug full of MUGs? A wide variety of styles / looks would be good. I'd like to see long and short skirts, bare legs and tights, at least one dress (Jack? Are you listening? The huge grin could only enhance the positive aspects) and a mixture of formal and informal looks. I guess we could really push the boat out and even include a kilt...

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I think it is a great idea.

I too would be happy to have my picture of a MUG on a mug. I have posted some in various sections but if further ones are required - eg bare legs (or tights) with miniskirts I would post a few more in the Pics and Looks section.

Would the mugs be "printed" in the UK or US - thinking of postage charges here? The UK Moonpig.com/UK do a similar service here with custom photos (as well as many others) cost is generally approx £6 per mug.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

skirtingtoday wrote:Would the mugs be "printed" in the UK or US - thinking of postage charges here? The UK Moonpig.com/UK do a similar service here with custom photos (as well as many others) cost is generally approx £6 per mug.
I see no reason why the mugs should not be made in both the UK and the US, allowing folks to buy wherever is the most convenient or cost effective for them. There are so many companies making custom printed mugs on demand these days that all I envisaged is preparing an artwork that anyone can download and use to have a SkirtCafé mug made when and wherever it suits them. Some firms, VistaPrint for instance) do discounts for multiple orders of the same design, so there might be a case for local groups to do a combined order and then distribute them from a central point if the saving is sufficient to justify the additional effort and a second delivery charge.

I guess there is nothing stopping members inserting their own picture in place of one or more of the "approved" ones but I would prefer it if members only use images that the owners have said OK to; manners are inexpensive and invaluable.

Anyone else interested or happy to provide a pic?

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I think that even I could be convinced to sign on to this project. Given the mixed feedback (to understate the reality) I've gotten over the years about my short looks those are out, but some of the longer ones are a definite possibility.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

crfriend wrote:I think that even I could be convinced to sign on to this project. Given the mixed feedback (to understate the reality) I've gotten over the years about my short looks those are out, but some of the longer ones are a definite possibility.
I had mentally put you under my longer and formal categories. Wonder why that was... :D

Have fun,

Ian.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I could be persuaded to contribute one of my hiking in a cargo skirt pictures. 8)
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I might be persuadable as well. Would of course have to choose the pic which makes me look the most debonair. Give me a wee while for that .. or maybe a long while ... :lol:
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

How about a SKIRT CAFE calendar? I would send photos as a calendar boy...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

A calendar is a great idea, what is the most mournful month--for my picture :P :alien: :mrgreen:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Chris Webb

Post by Chris Webb »

I'm up for everything in this thread!