Antonio Marras

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Antonio Marras

Post by Gusto10 »

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fal ... lection#52

Just a few skirts & dresses for men
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Antonio Marras

Post by skirtyscot »

Not as bad as the Marni lot, but that's the best I can say about it.

It claims to be the menswear collection, but half of it is modelled by women. And the women wear almost all of the skirts and dresses. So what's the point?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

skirtyscot wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:08 am Not as bad as the Marni lot, but that's the best I can say about it.

It claims to be the menswear collection, but half of it is modelled by women. And the women wear almost all of the skirts and dresses. So what's the point?
If you check out https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fal ... dy-to-wear you will notice that under this section which used to be for women, also men are on the runway, so something might be happening.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I believe that some of the houses have combined their men's and women's displays. Perhaps that's it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

At least the male models in skirts or dresses weren't wearing pants under them.

As far as the mixed message of the choice of models goes, I saw some place that some fashion houses have men wear their women's lines on the catwalks because they can't find enough women and the men come cheaper!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:57 am At least the male models in skirts or dresses weren't wearing pants under them.

As far as the mixed message of the choice of models goes, I saw some place that some fashion houses have men wear their women's lines on the catwalks because they can't find enough women and the men come cheaper!
Really? Whoa! That's wild!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

That's one way for furthering acceptance. Mine strew, with the outrageousness of the fashions they would look no better on the men than the women.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Mine strew, with the outrageousness of the fashions they would look no better on the men than the women.

Well played Dennis! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

And yes Jeff I didn't make that up; I read in a piece from a fashion mag. Probably on my newsfeed.