feedback from someone...

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Hemitom

feedback from someone...

Post by Hemitom »

Well i kinda started to wear some type of a skirt everyday that im not working. so i have ventured out and about doing so. went to a number of stores to just get used to people reactions. well for the most part havent gotten any negative ones except this one gut maybe in his late 20's early 30's stopped and did a double take looking to see what i was wearing. he turned around and said is that a skirt?? i replied yes it was. he asked why are you wearing a skirt?? i replied because i can and I feel comfortable wearing it. he was wearing long baggie (basketball type shorts). i asked him why you are wearing those shorts?? he said the same thing...he feel comfortable wearing them. i guess that was enough to put him in his place...
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Re: feedback from someone...

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I visited the farmer's market, four stores, a branch library and my regular nail salon yesterday while wearing a skirt. No comments at all on the skirt, two compliments from store cashiers on my nails. But then again, the cashiers working behind a counter probably can't see the skirt. :idea:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirted_in_SF wrote:I visited the farmer's market, four stores, a branch library and my regular nail salon yesterday while wearing a skirt. No comments at all on the skirt, two compliments from store cashiers on my nails. But then again, the cashiers working behind a counter probably can't see the skit.
Oh, I've had cashiers notice my skirt, and even my shoes.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Hemitom wrote:well for the most part havent gotten any negative ones except this one gut maybe in his late 20's early 30's stopped and did a double take looking to see what i was wearing. he turned around and said is that a skirt?? i replied yes it was. he asked why are you wearing a skirt?? i replied because i can and I feel comfortable wearing it. he was wearing long baggie (basketball type shorts). i asked him why you are wearing those shorts?? he said the same thing...he feel comfortable wearing them. i guess that was enough to put him in his place...
I'm not sure I'd call that a "negative" reaction. Of course, I suppose context is everything. I get asked "is that a skirt?" all the time. In every discussion I've engaged with someone, it's always ending on very polite notes.

To me, negative reactions are the evil eyes you get from across the room. So far I've had very few people give me a bad reaction. Usually it's just them being obnoxious. When they do, other bystanders typically stare at THEM because they're the ones making an ass of themselves.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.