Malaysian clothing company introduces the 'Warrior Robe'

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
thoth51

Malaysian clothing company introduces the 'Warrior Robe'

Post by thoth51 »

In Malaysia, a new fashion item for men has been making the rounds in social media. Perhaps not in the glowing way the company had in mind, but they seem to be taking the parodies and jokes in stride.

To be sure, Malaysia is no stranger to skirt-like clothing for men. The Malay Sarong, the Indian Lunghi and the Islamic Thobe are commonly seen here. However their latest offering, a short-sleeved, form-fitting floor length tunic with the testosterone-laden name of 'Jubah Pahlawan' or 'Warrior's robe' modelled by male bodybuilders has not garnered the desired admiration from the public.
41456543370_JubahPahlawan.jpg
(For a more complete look, check out the company's gallery at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 517&type=3)

What do you guys think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Malaysian clothing company introduces the 'Warrior Robe'

Post by Big and Bashful »

I like it, I reckon it is a male's dress type thing. I would like to own one or two, strangely, Chrome didn't seem to want to translate those pages. It was all Greek to me, well not Greek!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Seems an unbifurcated version of the ubiquitous workman's coveralls. Maybe an orange version for Gitmo inmates?
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
RavenTao

Post by RavenTao »

thoth51 wrote:In Malaysia, a new fashion item for men has been making the rounds in social media. Perhaps not in the glowing way the company had in mind, but they seem to be taking the parodies and jokes in stride.

To be sure, Malaysia is no stranger to skirt-like clothing for men. The Malay Sarong, the Indian Lunghi and the Islamic Thobe are commonly seen here. However their latest offering, a short-sleeved, form-fitting floor length tunic with the testosterone-laden name of 'Jubah Pahlawan' or 'Warrior's robe' modelled by male bodybuilders has not garnered the desired admiration from the public.

What do you guys think?
Looks like a sleep shirt.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

RavenTao wrote:
thoth51 wrote:In Malaysia, a new fashion item for men has been making the rounds in social media. Perhaps not in the glowing way the company had in mind, but they seem to be taking the parodies and jokes in stride.

What do you guys think?
Looks like a sleep shirt.
It always looks that way to me as well. But presumably, in cultures where this is common, people do see it as daywear.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

This is something I would wear. I do like the many colors to choose from too. I just wish the site was in English so I could determine the price and shipping for one.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.