Alexandre Plokhov includes men's skirts in his collection

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Alexandre Plokhov includes men's skirts in his collection

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Another designer including mens skirts in his mens collection

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/revie ... W-APLOKHOV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milfmog

Re: Alexandre Plokhov includes men's skirts in his collectio

Post by Milfmog »

The first picture is OK I guess. The skirt might actually be wearable in the real world, but I have to say it is not to my taste and the length looks awkward to me being neither long enough nor short enough.

To me the second picture looks like he's watched too many episodes of Thunderbirds, (though the puppets looked more realistic and lively than the mannequin in the picture). The gap between the boots and the hem looks awkward, as though he could not find the right footwear (judging by the boots that may well be the case; they make wellys look stylish).

Oh well, I guess the skirts are at least a bit more wearable than most we see on the catwalks.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Alexandre Plokhov includes men's skirts in his collectio

Post by crfriend »

Milfmog wrote:To me the second picture looks like he's watched too many episodes of Thunderbirds [...]
I am going to be laughing about that crack all day. Thanks!

The first thought I got on seeing the skirt and the hat was "somebody is trying to channel 'airline stewardess'. Badly." This definitely illustrates that getting the footwear right is rather critical to a well put-together look.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!