fashion show in Spain

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

fashion show in Spain

Post by couyalair »

To see a collection of skirts for men as proposed in Spain, see :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fashionali ... 2240231439
Quite some variety, all shapes and sizes, and, of course, a lot more for women.
Apparently the difference between a feminine and a masculine skirt is that the latter is to be worn topless. I would too if I had their physique!
Martin
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Re: fashion show in Spain

Post by owen »

Certainly some good-looking clothes there, well found.

This kilt would be perfect summer wear, and with something on the legs, a good business-casual look:

And for avant-garde street style, a combat skirt:

Happy Easter everybody!
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Something on the legs in summer?
No thanks!

"And for avant-garde street style, a combat skirt"

Too fussy for my taste; why so many folds and bits hanging?
What made you call it a "combat" skirt?

Martin
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by owen »

Fair enough, it's not a combat skirt, my eyes must have been playing tricks. I like it though, and think it might appeal to the same market as combat or punk gear. A niche market of course; we all have different tastes.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Quite a mixture, I like quite a few, some good longer looks as well as the more normal knee length. Also refreshing to see models who don't all look like their grandmothers have just been trampled by yaks, i.e. looking like they were actually glad to be there. :)
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Not being 'into' long skirts/dresses at all I confine my interest to the short or knee length offerings. Practically all of the knee length creations there are just that...creations with far too much fuss, detail and surplus material. If I want something heavy around my thighs I'll wear a 13oz. 8-yd. kilt and have done with it.

Otherwise I'd go for something light and simple in design, preferrably with slash pockets, which are far and away the best positioned and comfortable to use. I HATE big 'cargo' pockets down low clanking against my legs, also if there are seat pockets I'd never put anything in them. (Ever sit down with a wallet in your seat pocket?)I'd also require a bit of shape and a pleat or two minimum for straddling things, as Couyalair pointed out.

Impressive though are the sculpted Adonis physiques of the models, doubtless all in their twenties. It's now 45 years since a pic. of me showing abs like that was taken! & Im not going to regain them anytime soon.
Tom K
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Some VERY nice torsos there! took me a couple of run throughs before i bothered to look at the skirts. :mrgreen:

some good looks there too, that would get toned down suitably before hitting any high street shops, but would work well. :)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Maybe it's just my natural cynicism kicking in but I can't help wondering if the bare chested models are a consequence of the designer not knowing how to team a skirt with other clothing on a guy...

Shame really as there are a few skirts there that could make the basis of a good, credible look for casual attire and some others that might work in an office context. It's a pity the designer did not try to demonstrate what could be achieved with those skirts.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Milfmog wrote:Maybe it's just my natural cynicism kicking in but I can't help wondering if the bare chested models are a consequence of the designer not knowing how to team a skirt with other clothing on a guy...
You're not alone, Ian. The first thought that popped into my head was, "The designer is pushing skirts as beachwear."
Shame really as there are a few skirts there that could make the basis of a good, credible look for casual attire and some others that might work in an office context. It's a pity the designer did not try to demonstrate what could be achieved with those skirts.
Unfortunately, I was unable to shove aside my "beachwear" thought long enough to really ponder possibilities. That's one of the pitfalls of the game that designers play, and if a designer cannot hit a mark that looks smart enough for a professional setting I am not interested.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Setting the topless elements aside some of these looks are pretty much standard fare and others bizarre to the extreme.
I tried to track the designers in an attempt to get a handle on some prices and failed. If anyone can enlighten me, I'd be grateful.
My take is that the prices for what would be barely more than a standard kilt or skirt would be prohibitive to say the least.
For the more "original" garments, who would wear them and when?
Other than a display to a small audience this does nothing for us in search of wider acceptance. The "non skirted" have enough to say against us, there is nothing here that would encourage an average guy to try a skirt or the bigot to reconsider.
Still , I saw one design, that, with some modification and cost allowing, I would love to wear.
Steve.