Bezhanishvili: togas are "in"

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Juan

Bezhanishvili: togas are "in"

Post by Juan »

Designer George Bezhanishvili
Photography Andreas Waldschütz

A fascinating, historical, almost biblical, atmosphere can be sensed in this Austria-based Georgian designer's work.

In his latest collection, Classical, Helenistic, and particularily Roman traits can be felt, such as laurel-leaves, robes and toga-like overcoats, all renovated and brought back as valid menswear alternatives for the current times.

Why not? Fashions often come back, even after several centuries...

The complete set can be seen at my blog: http://newmalefashion.blogspot.com/
Sylvain

Re: Bezhanishvili: togas are "in"

Post by Sylvain »

Why are there always pants or leggings under the robes?
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Why are there always pants or leggings under the robes?
Probably so no one in Fashion circles will think it's a skirt or dress and insist on pants underneath to make sure it's a MAN's garment...LOLOL

(To me, that seems like a huge step backwards in the acceptance of skirts for men, but that's just me.)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
zizkov

Post by zizkov »

Wearing footless tights is always for me a women's thing, it just does not confirm to a mans anatomy. Whereas a skirt, toga, kilt, call it what you want, does confirm. But that is just my version of things; a skirt is for me a route to freedom.