Boy in heels

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Boy in heels

Post by crfriend »

I wore shoes with heels pretty much all the way through secondary school when they were still in style for men (that dates me, I suppose) and on into the very early 1980s when they vanished as a commonly available style option for men. Mine were typically about 1.5 to 2 inches and definitely gave my already tall stature quite the boost. As far as comfort goes, I was vastly more comfortable in the 2-inchers than I was in flat sneakers; the transition from heels to flats made me feel like I was falling over backwards.

I've never been a fan of extreme styles -- those just look dangerous, and I see no percentage in potentially injuring one's self to look "fashionable". This goes for men and women both. Of the stuff today I particularly loathe are the extremely pointed-toe "roachkiller" shoes for women and extreme stiletto heels. What were the designers thinking?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

High heels makes male figure also look better.It depends who looks at the figure - for a male a woman in heels may look better,while for women that are attracted to men,a guy in heels can be just as good looking.here is the proof -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is nothing worse than double standard!
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

If your logic is correct so most women are gay too for wanting (and still doing it) all types of clothes and shoes,accessories typically male before 1940-s.And though I live with my girlfriend I must be also gay then for wearing heels.Nice logic - rock on!No wonder that males in skirt is not the usual picture in so called Western civilization - skirt is connected to females in the eyes of most people and if men and the female connection is something so awkward male skirting shall never succeed.Damn it, I mentioned the Fem- word, I shall be crucified by the masculinity police...just kidding :D In the Roman Empire only Germanic barbarians wore trousers, now it is the symbol of masculinity, I do not know why it is the favourite clothing to females then.Things change, evolve and sometimes revolve :)
There is nothing worse than double standard!
Brandy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brandy »

Dawn wrote:Welcome to the club GUYS, now wait until you have the experience of needing to run in them! Oh and for those who add the optional PantyHose accesory, clear nail polish is good to stop runs.
Well I do not wear heels everyday but I do wear support style pantthose almost every day year round. Keeps the leg cramps down.

Pantyhose on men:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/LegwearU ... ing+%3E%3E
Old forum. May not hold much interest for this group as pantyhose is just an accessory with your skirt. I can tell you that when wearing a skirt no one sees the pantyhose, the PH is just part of the kit.

High Heels on men:
http://www.hhplace.org/
Several threads on men in heels and skirts. Most men wear the heels under trousers. Again PH are just part of the kit to finish off a "look".

-- Brandy
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

SkirtedViking wrote:High heels makes male figure also look better.It depends who looks at the figure - for a male a woman in heels may look better,while for women that are attracted to men,a guy in heels can be just as good looking.here is the proof -
Without heels I'm just a guy with skinny legs; but put on some type of hosery and a pair of 4 inch heels and my legs look good!
A+J

Post by A+J »

Me wearing skirt most of the time, I think some sort of high heels is a must. I think looks better wearing high heels when I´m wearing my skirts.
My postures is looking better, I simply got a more feminine look. Wearing heels and a skirt I have to walk, stand and sit the way women do. Yes I think skirts and heels goes hand in hand at least this is the way for me.

Usually I wears 4 inch heels to work. Pumps or boots in the winter, always togeter with pantyhose. In the summer I some time wears high heel sandals and when I do I have no pantyhose on.
Being not so tall, having a small body my heels makes me feel a bit longer, that´s good. Unfortunetly my feet don´t like my heels as much as I do. After a whole day at the office my feet feeling sore. Guess I have to live with this as long as I´m dressed wearing female clothes. I have no intention to stop this. So guess I have to live with this as the rest of the girls out there.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

A+J, if you don't mind me asking, what country are you in or from? It doesn't say in your signature or legend by your avatar. I'm sure a lot of our members would like to know, in case they might be from the same country and could possibly come meet with you. :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I think I saw Sweden mentioned, but might be wrong.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I'm sure I have come across A+J before .... but not on this forum! I would of course be wrong, but there aren't that many from Sweden who love wearing miniskirts and "pantyhose" plus heels....

Anyway, yes indeedy - bring on the photos! I'm guilty myself of not posting ones of me, but Stu or Steve D (or the once frequenting Hamish) could all tell you what I look like - I've met all of them!
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Anyway, yes indeedy - bring on the photos! I'm guilty myself of not posting ones of me, but Stu or Steve D (or the once frequenting Hamish) could all tell you what I look like - I've met all of them!
I know what you USED TO look like, Ray, but it's been a while since I saw you and I guess you have changed a bit, as have I!

I now live in Sweden and I can confirm that you don't see many guys i miniskirts, pantyhose and heels (thankfully - it's not a look I would like - far too feminine for me). I think I have only seen one other guy in a skirt since I came here, and that was in Stockholm, but I have noticed far more women seem to wear skirts here than you see in Blighty.

Stu
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Ray wrote:I'm sure I have come across A+J before .... but not on this forum! I would of course be wrong, but there aren't that many from Sweden who love wearing miniskirts and "pantyhose" plus heels....

A+J,

We would like to see pictures of you in your attire. As long as you don't refer to your clothing as "women's clothing" as far as I'm concerned you don't have a thing to worry about.

I was brave enough to model my dress on this forum, and I didn't have anybody really jump down my throat until I innocently mentioned that I can fill out the bust areas of the dress without breast forms. Then someone accused me of possibly using breast forms, and I had to set the record straight that I have never used them and I never will. Other than that all the guys said that they did not like the look or they liked the look. I still admit I have to lose about 25 lbs (11 kg) before the dress looks a bit more presentable.

To give you courage to post your attire, here is my latest modeling of my dress after I lost some weight. I showed this elsewhere in the forum.
johns_ellos_dress_198.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JohnH on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I have a pair of sandals with 4 inch stiletto heels and a pair of flat sandals I bought in the 1970's, with the brand name of "Earth Shoes".
Milfmog wrote:
Juan wrote: ... in beautiful stilettos. Haven't yet worn a pair myself, but now I wonder...
Well, each to his (or her) own but I really don't see myself trying footwear designed to deform and mutilate my feet anytime soon.
Have fun,
Ian.
I actually find the stiletto sandals to be more comfortable to stand and walk in than the dead flat heavy Earth Shoe sandals. The stiletto sandals do NOT mutilate or deform my feet in any way, and my stride is very close to that I have when I wear flat shoes. I do have to angle my legs to be straighter so I have to bend my knees a bit more.
skirt_rhon

Post by skirt_rhon »

Most shoes in heel are for women but some man shoes can also be available but the angle of man's shoes is quite different to women shoes. Heel can add height and also if man's slacks are quite long they can also wear shoes in heel just in normal high.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

On closer look the model is wearing what looks like 5 inch heels which are higher than the 4 inches I like to have as a maximum. I don't wear heels that often and 2 1/2 inch heels are quite comfortable. I could easily get used to wearing 4 inch heels all the time.

Now if we did not have to raid the women's catalogs and department store sections to go outside the narrow confines of mens clothing, and especially, shoes, it would be great! However, I'm glad to have reasonably sized feet so I can get heels without too much trouble.

John
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Nicothoe, I have occasionally worn heels & they certainly do change the posture. Again, as far as the foot health issues go, I can only say for myself that I have only found one pair which fit & don't push toes together or rub in the wrong place etc. & they're quite nice to wear, but do take time to acclimatise to.

As for Skyrunner stilts I think I might just prefer them.