Boy in heels

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Juan

Boy in heels

Post by Juan »

Celebrated German/Swedish designer Karl Lagerfeld, head designer and creative director for the mythic Chanel label, styles and photographs the young Baptiste Giabiconi (his current favorite model, I read) for Purple Magazine ... in beautiful stilettos. Haven't yet worn a pair myself, but now I wonder...
baptisteomg2.jpg
baptisteomg6.jpg
baptisteomg10.jpg
More at http://www.purple.fr/fashion.php?c=12
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milfmog

Re: Boy in heels

Post by Milfmog »

Juan wrote: ... in beautiful stilettos. Haven't yet worn a pair myself, but now I wonder...
Well, each to his (or her) own but I really don't see myself trying footwear designed to deform and mutilate my feet anytime soon.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Welcome to the club GUYS, now wait until you have the experience of needing to run in them! Oh and for those who add the optional PantyHose accesory, clear nail polish is good to stop runs.
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

I like heels,it depends on the angle of the shoe whether it is comfy or not, there are many false stereotypes for heels mostly done by women to make their skirt-wearing ,heels and so on as something heroic and hard just because to please the males :D
There is nothing worse than double standard!
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DALederle »

I grew up wearing high heels on and off all my life. My mother taught me how to walk in them before I started Kindergarten. Later on I helped her teach high heeled walking to young, teen girls just learning to be young women. I was the example of how easy it was to walk in heels. If I could do it they could do it!
Recently I accquired two pair of heels that actually fit my size 16 feet.
I was like old home week when I first tried them on. But, unlike riding a bike, it took about a week to get adjusted to them again, wearing them around the house.
Hey! They are NOT for everyone!
Heels need to be worn daily if you want to get good at them.
The modern starlets have a reason to wear them. So do office workers, models, etc.
But for most of us it's either a novelty that wears off or something we shouldn't even try.
I haven't worn mine in months now.
To many other things I dealing with to worry about walking in heels.
It's very much a personal decision!
Dennis A. Lederle
p.s. Don't start unless you mean to keep up with them!
:wink:
nicothoe
Distinguished Member

Post by nicothoe »

As I understand it, the purpose of heels is to change the posture so the woman is more shapely and appealing to the male observer.

So what exactly does wearing high heels have on the male posture, and is this worth the resultant health issues?

Certainly not for me :)
Be Bold. Be Skirted.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

nicothoe wrote:As I understand it, the purpose of heels is to change the posture so the woman is more shapely and appealing to the male observer.
Of course it could be as simple as merely wanting to pick up a bit of extra height. But, that'd spoil the fun by removing all the fantasy and mystique about the matter.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
nicothoe
Distinguished Member

Post by nicothoe »

In that case, go with some platform shoes, or better yet, Skyrunner stilts. Now wouldn't that be fun to do in a skirt? :twisted:
Be Bold. Be Skirted.
Juan

Post by Juan »

I love high heels. They do give a nice élan to your stride no matter whether you are male or female. Most of my shoes have heels, and some of them are quite high (several pairs have platforms as well). I have no problem walking in them. What I haven't done is trying "stilettos" like those in the pic. There is the extra challenge of keeping balance over the spikes. I guess you're right, DALederle... they're probably not for everyone (nothing is) and the novelty will probably wear off, just as you say. But I was just wondering, should I give it a shot, just to see how it feels?
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DALederle »

Juan:
By all means give it a shot if that's what you want to try!
I have, at times in the past, over a 40 years period, experimented myself with various things that involved public perceptions.
Long before the internet or the MIS-MIK idea was floated I wore just a skirt and went out in public. No one said a thing but it upset my ex-wife and parents to no end, which was the ONLY reason I stopped wearing a skirt in public for so many years, until I found Tom's Cafe years ago an decided to try it again.
I also tried carrying a purse many times and I still prefer carrying purse over a "man bag" or a even a fanny pack(though fanny pack comes in second).
And I worn high heels from one to one and a half inches in public. They were too small though and I had to quit wearing them. I only recently got two pair that I can wear once again.
Oh, I got some stares but no one, ever, told me I couldn't wear heels or carry a purse of wear a skirt. Only my own family made me feel bad.
So go for it and let us know how it wors out for you.
As I said before, the minute I put on heels again it was like being home again. Skirt, heels and hose is like some that just belongs for me.
Dennis A. Lederle
:D
Kris
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kris »

FYI on the subject of high heels:
http://www.divinecaroline.com/22256/820 ... en-dangers

Kris
Inertia
Distinguished Member

Post by Inertia »

You high-heel-wearing men are being historically correct: high heels were originally worn by both sexes, in order to indicate higher status in society, at least in Great Britain and Europe. Even as recently as the 1840s it was very fashionable for men to wear high heels. Today we have things like cowboy boots, which have heels -- and they're not commonly thought of as effeminate footwear. Personally I have awful feet, and can't wear heels very long -- but I say, if you like them and you can wear them, why not?

Cheers,

Inertia
DENTON

Post by DENTON »

Postby SkirtedViking on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:14 am
I like heels,it depends on the angle of the shoe whether it is comfy or not, there are many false stereotypes for heels mostly done by women to make their skirt-wearing ,heels and so on as something heroic and hard just because to please the males
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

i think that heels are purely subjective.

i like heels between 1.5 and 3 inches, both visually and wearing them myself. i have difficulty walking in heels over 2.5 inches, and i find that (visually) anything over 3.5 inches does nothing but make me worry about the stability of the wearer and fear for their safety.

now SOME people can't handle heels, and look ridiculous wearing them. frankly, those folks should stick to lower heels and flat shoes.

some folks look and walk as if they were born in heels. they have the proper gait and balance. some swing the hips like they were a 1950's model. they probably belong in heels and should stay away from flat shoes, except to provide the recommended health breaks.

i've seen people that can't even walk well in flat shoes. i don't know what to tell them. maybe barefoot is best.

wear what you feel good in. don't judge others for what they wear. you wouldn't want them to judge you for your choices, now would you?
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Last time I wore heels was in the very early 70s and they were fashionable in knee boots for both Men and Women. The boots I had were handed down from my (now ex) brother in law and I found them unwieldy and hard to walk in even if it amplified my short stature. By the way, Juan hasn't posted here for a while--Juan, if you are lurking, those colourful posts are balancing addition to this forum. :mrgreen:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod